Deploys for the week of 2013-10-14

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel will be updated to get the server maintenance project that was previously on all three RC channels.  This project includes a fix for a group notice delivery issue, introduces a missing JSON operation to LSL, and includes preparatory work for an upcoming viewer with scene loading (interest list) improvements.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/13#13.10.03.281989

Scheduled Tuesday 2013-10-15 05:00-11:00 PDT

Second Life RC BlueSteel, RC Magnum, and RC LeTigre:

All three RC channels are on a new server maintenance project.  This project is comprised of bug fixes in various areas of the simulator; the release notes have a detailed listing. 

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/13#13.10.11.282320

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/13#13.10.11.282320

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/13#13.10.11.282320

Scheduled Wednesday 2013-10-16 07:00-10:30 PDT

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira

Maestro

This is a simple, heartfelt plea.  PLEASE can you sort out the Server Code so that avs get a warning before being summarily booted out at region restarts. 

Yet again I received no countdown warnings at ALL before being disconnected just now.  I thought you had this issue fixed a few versions back, but it would seem that I am mistaken.

I follow the advice code so nothing will be lost it is just damned inconvenient and above all just plain rude. :smileymad:

OK after restart:

Sim no. 9087, Woods of Heaven, TD and script run are unstable, TD 0.90-1.0, Script run 95-99.5%

Sim FPS and physics FPS also sporadically dropping to <42fps

Sim No 9742 Lost Island, TD and script run are stable: TD 0.999-1.0,  Script run 99.8%

Both on new Server Version.

This suggests a problem with sim 9087 since Woods is usually at least as good as Lost Island, both are Homesteads and lightly loaded script-wise.

Performance of Woods is inadequate as things stand.  Please correct this.

A bit of forum weirdness, Caleb

I saw your post, but it vanished almost before my eyes!

Just one issue, Woods is now sim 9087, and while it may not be bad by Mainland standards, its performance is woeful by normal standards, and we are not about to sit by and let this go unchallenged.  Just because Mainland sims run poorly does not mean that we accept such instability as a norm for an island region, Homestead or not.

I have been in SL 5 and a half years and on this Homestead for 3.  We want it running properly, despite Support's comment.  Unreliable script-run and TD oscillations are simply not acceptable on a sim that usually runs flawlessly.

• Lindens

Ayesha Askham wrote:

This is a simple, heartfelt plea.  PLEASE can you sort out the Server Code so that avs get a warning before being summarily booted out at region restarts. 

Yet again I received no countdown warnings at ALL before being disconnected just now.  I thought you had this issue fixed a few versions back, but it would seem that I am mistaken.

Hi Ayesha, the support for the new 'restart' API that I mentioned in the 2013-09-23 forum thread is indeed in the simulator, but the work to have the rolling restart tools utilize this API is still in progress.  This unfortunately means that the restart warnings for a rolling restart follow the classic behavior; the new-style warnings are only present in a restart triggered by the region owner or estate manager.

The old problem of diagonal regions not rezing is back again with this restart. From my home mainland region of Brocade all 4 diagonal regions did not rez today.

The symptoms are the same as SVC-8130 / BUG-1521. If you fly into an unrezed region it appears, but if you turn around the region you just left will vanish after a minute or two.

Maestro

Speaking of things fixed by restarts:

The issues with poor TD and script-run percentage on Woods of Heaven as sim 9087 were cured by a restart to sim no.9825, so there is definitely some issue with the sim-server at sim 9087.

Or, it might just have been that the other sims on that server-host were heavily laden and taking up too many server cycles.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.