Deploys for the week of 2013-07-22

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel is getting the 'experience tools' project that was on RC BlueSteel last week.  This project is another one with under-the-hood changes for experience tools.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/13#13.07.12.278519

Scheduled Tuesday 2013-07-23 05:00-12:00 PDT

Second Life RC BlueSteel

BlueSteel is on the server maintenance project that was on LeTigre last week.  This project fixes some miscellaneous bugs, and also allows viewers to send requests for materials data more rapidly.  The only change with this week's update is to include the 'experience tools' changes found in the main channel update.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/13#13.07.19.278836

Scheduled Wednesday 2013-07-24 07:00-11:00 PDT

Second Life RC Magnum and Second Life RC LeTigre:

Both Magnum and LeTigre are getting the 'server side appearance project' that was on Magnum last week.  This project changes the way in which avatars set their appearance.  More details of this project can be found here and here.  The only change with this week's update is to include the 'experience tools' changes found in the main channel update.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/13#13.07.19.278843

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/13#13.07.19.278843

Scheduled Wednesday 2013-07-24 07:00-11:00 PDT

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira

Something to watch for.

I can't decide if this is a new server problem, not yet, but I've had a couple of sim-crossing failures in the last hour characterised with being un-sat from the vehicle I was using. No obvious sign of the restart process being involved,none of the effor/failure messages I would expect.

At least once, both sims involved were Main Channel. Speeds were low, a sailing boat.

I hope it's a false alarm

Lucia Nightfire wrote:

Every single region on the grid apparently just got a 10 minute restart notice for maintenance.

Unscheduled Linden Realms Maintenance

Posted by Status Desk on July 24th, 2013 at 11:15 am PDT

[postED 11:13 AM PDT, 24 July 2013] We are currently performing unscheduled maintenance on the Linden Realms regions. While this maintenance is in progress, Linden Realms regions may be unavailable, or may not function normally. Please watch this blog for further details as they become available.

all that is listed atm

I am seeing an identical issue to what happened with the last SSA rollout on LeTigre - I filed a ticket - this is what happened last time and is not repeating since LeTigre went back to SSA

1. Thanks for the great work on SSA - but I am now having major troubles on a LeTigre region (Engine Nine) - my workshop is here and I can't get attachments or system clothes to come off. I think I have them off, relog and they are back on again. Thought I could solve it by tp'ing to my home which is on a regular channel - but I can't tp directly. I have to tp somewhere else, then to my home. 
  2. So after I got everyone squared away and am wearing the outfit I want to work on - I can't take it off - (shirt and pants) - they only way to get the clothes off is to do a double tp to my home, wait til they come off (almost immediately) and then back to LeTigre 

The only difference this time is that after the relog, I ended up wearing three outfits -  - a combo of all - heading off to request a restart - which seemed to fix it last time.

Soho SpiritWeaver wrote:

I am seeing an identical issue to what happened with the last SSA rollout on LeTigre - I filed a ticket - this is what happened last time and is not repeating since LeTigre went back to SSA
  1. Thanks for the great work on SSA - but I am now having major troubles on a LeTigre region (Engine Nine) - my workshop is here and I can't get attachments or system clothes to come off. I think I have them off, relog and they are back on again. Thought I could solve it by tp'ing to my home which is on a regular channel - but I can't tp directly. I have to tp somewhere else, then to my home. 
  2. So after I got everyone squared away and am wearing the outfit I want to work on - I can't take it off - (shirt and pants) - they only way to get the clothes off is to do a double tp to my home, wait til they come off (almost immediately) and then back to LeTigre 

The only difference this time is that after the relog, I ended up wearing three outfits -  - a combo of all - heading off to request a restart - which seemed to fix it last time.

You don't mention what viewer you're using. I have seen similar behaviour, but only on one TPV that doesn't handle the Current Outfit Folder correctly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.