Deploys for the week of 2013-07-15 (Updated @ 2013-07-16 15:37PDT)

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alex

If I understand things correctly, the SSA project was indeed removed from LeTigre and placed on Magnum with a fix for the old notecard bug that popped up on LeTigre.  The bug was also fixed on LeTigre with the new code there, since it apparently was nothing to do with SSA.

As to when we all go SSA, it is in the lap of the Lindens since, for once, the Lab is being very cautious about this new technology and only introducing it piecemeal to the Agni Grid.  There are more Magnum sims that LeTigre so the number of sims is growing.

All I can say for now is that it seemed to be working fine on Magnum last (UK) night even on a crowded sim, so I'd say things are hopeful.

• Lindens

Hi Sissy, please see the release note link to LeTigre in my first post.  In general, you can assume that any given RC release also includes all changes present in the main channel (see the 'Second Life Server' release notes to see what the main channel has).

I'm on main chanell sims and have been having an unusal amont of trouble changing clothes since the last updates.  My inventory shows I'm wearing something (in bold) but I'm not.  I log off and on to see if it will take but find I'm wearing something that I didn't even put on, or had on the day before.  It's happening with mesh and system layer clothing.  Something's not right.

• Lindens

Hi Imagin, that sounds like it could be an issue with your inventory rather than baking, especially if the "wrong outfit" issue extend to your attachments.  If the issue persists and clearing cache doesn't help, I would recommend that you contact support.

Maestro Linden wrote:

Hi Imagin, that sounds like it could be an issue with your inventory rather than baking, especially if the "wrong outfit" issue extend to your attachments.  If the issue persists and clearing cache doesn't help, I would recommend that you contact support.

FWIW, I've seen similar issues to Imagin, but I've not yet been able to pin down enough of a "did this, caused that" to really write something up about it.

In my experience this last deploy messed letigre up badly. One of my favourite hangouts is in Ciarnau, I cannot change outfits there any more, system textures from the previous outfit get stuck and other textures fail to load. Currently I`m on a sim border between  Eeden (main channel ) and Ciarnau. Outfit changes are a breeze in Eeden everything fully loads in seconds, move back to Ciarnau however and the nightmare continues. I too had the wearing various random items from inventory problem 3 items of footwear on each foot, for example, some not even paired. Never had any problems like this before.

There was definitely a problem on Friday afternoon SLT. Outfit changes were bad on a Magnum sim, better elsewhere, but never what I would call good. Loads on my local internet may have been a factor, and the larger part of the problem may have been attachments rather than SSA. No admitted problems with the inventory servers, but the pattern I saw was suggestive.

I'm not sure it was an SSA problem, but it wasn't this bad last week. I don't know enough to more than guess, but SSA server provision may be on the low side of optimum.

SaraCarena wrote:

Would  like to add that I felt the initial deploy of ssb/a to letigre worked well...very smooth av bakes......but.....now...it`s.....HELLISH!!

Are you referring to LeTigre specifically? SSA isn't on LeTigre this week - they swapped it to Magnum because there are more regions on the Magnum channel.

Yes I am aware that ssb/a was took off letigre and is active on magnum. I`ve had no problems Magnum on this this deploy, in fact I log on and off and swap outfits at  magnum sandbox because  I can`t reliably do any of these at Ciarnau (letigre). 

Sky Linnaeus wrote:

Just noticed this today when trying to upload some textures... The "Temporary Upload" option is no longer available on Magnum regions. It's still available on the others.

FWIW: I've been noticing the same clothing issues others are mentioning.

Temp Textures was always an unsupported Hack, that 'hijacked' part of the Clothing bakig system for the purpose of making temp textures. It's been known when LL moves to SSB, that hack would break.

That's why long in advance, a replacement system was created, called Local Textures.

2013072015503157.jpeg

When applying a texture, switch over to Local. Then you can add textures on your local hard drive to appear on inworld items, without uploading. As you modify the textures on your hard drive, they will automatically update inworld. Then once you have the texture as you want, you can upload it.  Works for sculpts too.

full.jpg

Now here's an oddity that I've been hearing about this week, and have now noticed myself.

Sometimes, when I log in, there are items missing from the scene I log into. Items are just not there, and none of the usual tricks will make them rez. For example, this was what I logged into this A.M.:

original_51ebfe47c510736a5f000001.png

Now as you might surmise, this room does not normally look this empty. There's a lot of clutter on those shelves, and even a few other items on the walls and desk. But they were not there. Nothing selectable, no change if I went into wireframe, etc. Just plain not there. That is until I teleported to a different region, waited a couple beats, and teleported back. Revealing:

original_51ebfed7b79b8e27a0000001.png

There's all the clutter that should be there. 

I've seen similar issues with both attachments, particularly hair, that will be missing prims on login, and only reappear if I remove the object in question and re-wear it. This is happening on Second Life Server 13.07.08.278357, and from others' reports at least since the last round of restarts. I'm on the current official viewer on Mac, but others are using PCs and/or TPVs with similar results, leading me to assume this is somehow server-related. I'd want to accuse interest, but I don't see anything in the most recent deploy to easily hang the blame on. 

Anyway... not sure where to go from there, but figured I could at least mention it here.

Edited to add: "missing" items included mesh, sculpted, and primitive objects.

I had the same problem as Marianne over the weekend. Sometimes only a few objects / prims were not visible, sometimes it was a complete region, and I could only see the sim terrain. A relog or teleport away and back resolved this issue.

I used the Maintenance Release Candidate and my first thought was that the code in this viewer is flawed.
 But then I had the same problem with the official viewer. And after Marianne's post I think this is a server issue.

After taking a crash course in the last few days on how sl works, hopefully increasing my knowledge by a few percent from quite a  low base, I`d like to add that  my issues as initially stated relate specifically to Ciarnau region but not specifically to me. Every avatar I`ve spoken to ( at least 50 ) has experienced  similar issues. Posting a brief extract from my viewer log and would be interested in any comments from someone more technically savvy than me.

Log taken while standing still in a quiet corner of the affected region.

2013-07-22T13:14:28Z INFO: newview/llviewerregion.cpp(1829) : LLViewerRegion::failedSeedCapability: posting to seed https://sim10341.agni.lindenlab.com:12043/cap/bb46590f-5a90-8b5c-3dc9-d4716723e04c (retry 18)
2013-07-22T13:14:29Z WARNING: newview/llviewerregion.cpp(1931) : LLViewerRegion::getCapability: getCapability called before caps received
2013-07-22T13:14:29Z INFO: newview/llviewerdisplay.cpp(219) : display_stats: FPS: 122.40
2013-07-22T13:14:34Z WARNING: newview/llviewerregion.cpp(1931) : LLViewerRegion::getCapability: getCapability called before caps received
2013-07-22T13:14:39Z WARNING: newview/llviewerregion.cpp(1931) : LLViewerRegion::getCapability: getCapability called before caps received
2013-07-22T13:14:39Z INFO: newview/llviewerdisplay.cpp(219) : display_stats: FPS: 119.50
2013-07-22T13:14:44Z WARNING: newview/llviewerregion.cpp(1931) : LLViewerRegion::getCapability: getCapability called before caps received
2013-07-22T13:14:46Z INFO: llmessage/llcurl.cpp(181) : LLCurl::Responder::completedRaw: Failed to deserialize LLSD. https://sim10341.agni.lindenlab.com:12043/cap/bb46590f-5a90-8b5c-3dc9-d4716723e04c [499]: STATUS_EXPIRED
2013-07-22T13:14:46Z WARNING: newview/llviewerregion.cpp(217) : BaseCapabilitiesComplete::errorWithContent: [status:499:] {'reason':'STATUS_EXPIRED'}
2013-07-22T13:14:46Z INFO: newview/llviewerregion.cpp(1829) : LLViewerRegion::failedSeedCapability: posting to seed https://sim10341.agni.lindenlab.com:12043/cap/bb46590f-5a90-8b5c-3dc9-d4716723e04c (retry 19)

NEVER has the problem with objects just not rezzing been as bad as it is right now.  I really hope that today's server maintenance does something to fix this most annoying and ongoing problem.  My sims are all on the main channel but I don't think this problem is limited to the SL server.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.