Deploys for the week of 2013-01-21

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here at Morris, Maestro. 20/115/31.  On Aditi. Is this the right place? It's a sandbox owned by "Governer Linden."  I'm in front of a sign that says "To Building."  I had to find Morris on the Search function.  I'm in Firestorm. There was no problem teleporting to Morris' fixed point (no rezzing underground and being unable to move), but I had to walk to the coordinates you gave. There is nothing much here to test.  I showed up without my shoes--but I was able to change my outfit several times successfully. My HUDs are in place at least, and they work. There is some lag over at Bonifacio where there shouldn't be. kbps goes up into the red. What else am I to expect here, and what do you want me to observe with respect to the Magnum Bug outlined in my issue BUG-1460? I am still having problems on my island in Aditi. rezzing under the water, unable to move immediately. HUDs don't operate correctly. Unable to see all of my complex structures.... like my skybox house. But on Morris I could at least open my emote HUD and it was all there.

It's not a week-specific bug, but some networking hardware is known to struggle with SL. Essentially, the way the communication between your computer and Second Life happens, it can overload some models of router with an unusually large number of HTTP sessions. As I understand the problem, the Lindens made some poor choices, and so a single SL instance, one AV in world, can look rather like a whole busy office, in the nature of the internet traffic. The Lindens are working on it, but I don't know the current status. Not fixed yet, AFAIK, Anyway, because of that, telling us your model of router hardware--that's the box between your computer and the internet--can be enough to explain things.I don't know of any easy fix, but some TPVs do have options buried in Preferences and the Advanced menu which might ease that problem. I'm inclined to think that the Lindens were having a brain-holiday on the day they set up the web servers we use for the HTTP traffic. Supplying large numbers of files to cusiomers is a problem faced by a lot of web sites, and the solutions are well understood. There are other aspects of Second Life that are unusual, but switching to HTTP texture delivery was switching from the unusual to the commonplace.

• Lindens

Hypatia Pickens wrote:

I'm here at Morris, Maestro. 20/115/31.  On Aditi. Is this the right place? It's a sandbox owned by "Governer Linden."  I'm in front of a sign that says "To Building."  I had to find Morris on the Search function.  I'm in Firestorm. There was no problem teleporting to Morris' fixed point (no rezzing underground and being unable to move), but I had to walk to the coordinates you gave. There is nothing much here to test.  I showed up without my shoes--but I was able to change my outfit several times successfully. My HUDs are in place at least, and they work. There is some lag over at Bonifacio where there shouldn't be. kbps goes up into the red. What else am I to expect here, and what do you want me to observe with respect to the Magnum Bug outlined in my issue BUG-1460? I am still having problems on my island in Aditi. rezzing under the water, unable to move immediately. HUDs don't operate correctly. Unable to see all of my complex structures.... like my skybox house. But on Morris I could at least open my emote HUD and it was all there.

Hi Hypatia, if 'About Second Life' (or the equivalent in your viewer) shows 'DRTSIM-197 13.01.28.269574', then you're testing in the right place. The things to test are that the objects in the region (walkways, walls, etc) appear, and that you can see the other avatars on the minimap in-world too (currently Aditi's Morris has 9 visitors).  Also, the bug had some other obvious symptoms such as being stuck at (0,0,0) and being unable to move.  Having no shoes on Aditi when you did have them on Agni is not all surprising, since your inventory state on Aditi can be totally different from agni.  I wouldn't worry about the SimFPS in Bonifacio at this point; that sim is on a totaly different server version.

If this bug seems to be fixed, the plan is to roll 13.01.28.269574 to Magnum on Wednesday, per http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2013-01-28/td-p/1856657

• Lindens

nelikb wrote:

Morris/23/113/37 not work for me, still same:(((((((((((

Hi nelikb, I checked the Aditi/Morris server log and it does look like you had a data transmission issue, though I'm not sure if it's the same.  Could you file a Jira and attach your Secondlife.log file from a session in Aditi/Morris?  This page describes where the the viewer log can be found: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545#Section_.3

Sorry, but Magnum and search are still having problems since the big crash a few weeks ago.  

Our home and garden market im is on Magnum - it shows in fs search, but in legacy search it still lists the old sim that no longer exists!

The Builders Courtyard did not show in most viewers search until it was moved to a different server by LL. We checked using singularity, phoenix, firestorm, LL viewer and catznip - it only showed using phoenix.

Some new parcels / sims dont seem to show in search for most viewers even when ticked for several days.   The Teddy Bear Park doesnt show in search on fs, but does show in legacy search. 

Hi everybody,

I have been noticing the issues of double or quadrupled messages when using some other viewers. The firs time I noticed this was last week, on 02/01/2013. And it is still happening.

Also, I am having the issues with our parcel and classified ads not showing on search. Any updates about both issues?

:matte-motes-frown:

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.