Deploys for the week of 2012-12-17

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel is getting the maint-server project that was on Magnum last week.  Most of the changes are bug fixes,  focused on fixing crash modes.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/12#12.12.10.267913

Scheduled 2012-12-18, 05:00-11:00 PST.

Second Life RC BlueSteel, Second Life RC LeTigre, and Second Life RC Magnum:

All three RC channels are getting the same maint-server project.  This build only has a single change beyond what was on Magnum last week (and what the main channel is getting this week), which is a single crash fix.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/12#12.12.18.268345

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/12#12.12.18.268345

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum#12.12.18.268345

Scheduled Wednesday 2012-12-19, 07:00-11:00 PST.

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira

• Lindens

Echo Hermit wrote:

Howdy, Maestro,

Did the issue with the inventory servers over on Aditi get fixed? Several people have been complaining on forums they are unable to log in this weekend to the test grid.

Hi Echo, unfortunately this is an unresolved issue which requires a hardware upgrade for Aditi.  The fix for this issue is still in progress.

Maestro, as of this evening the main servers look good with no sign of the lag problem that plagued them last week.  Hopefully, that is again fixed and the fixed crash is the one that results in the "region is logging you out" message.  If this hold you have given us a great Christmas present.  Good luck.

Mastro....I notice tonite that the old problem of  "Avatar bending over with head between legs "  has returned since updating Main grid servers.. I have not seen this problem for  nearly 2 years...now its back. :(

Several other  residents experienced this  same effect today.

• Lindens

Hi dd, it sounds like you're referring to https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-248 ; it's a little surprising that you'd suddenly see it with yesterday's main channel update, since none of the changes are related to avatar animations.  The release channel viewer was updated to 3.4.3 yesterday, so perhaps that could be the difference?  In any case, it would be good to file a BUG Jira if you have steps to reproduce the 'folding'- per the last comments in VWR-248, some people have been having it intermittently for years, but nobody knows how to trigger it.

Thank you for your honest reply Mastro.......yes, the cause of this issue was never really understood....and no one i know of has every found a way to reproduce this effect on demand. :Lets just hope it goes away again on its own.

Submitting a Bug report is useless unless a method is know to reproduce this effect. And yes  you are right...it may have nothing to do with the main grid server update.

If anyone else is seeing this effect,(Avatar bent over with head between legs),   please reply.  thanks.

dd

I may be quite wrong, but Waaay back not long after the introduction of Windlight we had a big bout of "Head up Arse" -itis.

At the time, I think it was Zen Linden said that the problem probably stemmed from calculation errors in the avatar mesh, and as such it was almost impossible to trace or eradicate since it was deep in the basic code of SL.

In my SL it has struck me on three occasions and each time I found that a cache clearance solved the issue.  I don't recommend cache clearances as a cure-all usually, but for this problem it seems to work, so I must assume that some vector or dimension value gets corrupted in the avatar file.

Of course that may all be utter horse-feathers!:smileyfrustrated:

Shoe.jpg

This is about two months ago...shoe up the you know what syndrome.  My friends problems grew from there including her Ava deforming, parts of her being 'invisible,' eyes popping out of head, etc etc. 

She'd do test Ava, clean installs, etc.  and the problems continued.  Went through every bake fail trick in the book three times before her problems finally ended.   She has three accounts and two of the three were effected.

Oddly enough, her problems started immediately after the first time she wore Mesh clothes with the two accounts.  The third account, which never had a problem, never wore any Mesh.

I have (had?) more screen shots but I just reformatted my computer and can't find them.  I should have them because I still have this one.

This is not just what she saw but what every one who saw her saw.

Norton Burns wrote:

I understood the 'attachments wandering off' issue to be caused by bad joints on rigged mesh, changing or removing the mesh seems to fix it

In that snapshot she was not wearing any mesh. At the time of that snapshot she had never worn mesh.  It was a couple of days that she acquired her first mesh outfits and that is when her problems went completely haywire.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.