Deploys for the week of 2012-12-03

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

This week's updates are pretty straightforward.  The main channel will have nothing new, and the RC channels are all getting code that's similar to last week's, but with more bugfixes.

Second Life Server (main channel)

Due to last week's RC rollbacks, there is no new code for the main channel this week, so there will be no roll.

Second Life RC BlueSteel, Second Life RC LeTigre, and Second Life RC Magnum:

All 3 RC channels are getting the same server version.  This is the same maint-server project that Magnum had last week, with all of last week's discovered bugs fixed.

Scheduled Wednesday 2012-12-05 07:00-11:00 PST

Release notes (yep, all 3 are the same):

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/12#12.11.29.267443

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/12#12.11.29.267443

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum#12.11.29.267443

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira

Hello Maestro,

After todays rolling restart IM's send by objects to me are not forwarded to my email when i am offline.
 I filed Jira BUG-1002 to describe the problem. I noticed the problem on Magnum and Bluesteel. I have no objects on Le Tigre, so i don't know if this channel is affected too.

Kind regards, Chriss

[edit] This problem only affects IM's send to the owner of the object [/edit]

At first glance, this seems so very easy to test for, but I see from later comments that it may not be quite that simple. It also occurs to me that the effect may be load-related. I know that group chat and inventory were misbehaving in the early afternoon, SLT. Maybe putting the same code on all three RCs was a trifle optimistic. If there is a bug, it is going to affect more customers.

And, just as a practical matter, it still seemed that the rollout took far too long. Seen from my side, and exacerbated by my particular time-zone difference, it comes across almost user-hostile. There's no good time to do these things, but it is always the same time.

Any chance of a discount for those of us in Europe?

Maestro Linden wrote:

I confirmed Chriss' issue in 12.11.29.267443: if an object IMs its owner with llInstantMessage(), the owner will not see an offline IM email.  Messages to anybody except the owner are delivered to email as they normally would.

Yup .. another reporter of the failure for llInstantMessage(llGetOwner(), ... to arrive via email while I am offline. Any ETA or plan of action on a resolution yet?

Maestro

Could we have an update, please, on Linden Lab's intended course of action regarding the failure of:

llInstantMessage(llGetOwner(),

This is a failed bugfix on all three RCs.  You acknowledged it as a reproable issue earlier in this thread yesterday at 12:42pm...when will action be taken?

One has to hope that you won't be promoting this to Main Server unfixed?

ETA Friday 7th December.  The lack of response on this thread is disappointing.  This is the primary conduit for communication between Linden Lab and residents apart from the inworld office hours (which are slowly but surely being curtailed).  I had hoped for better, in the circumstances.

As previous posters have already indicated Le Tigre is also affected with llInstantMessage(llGetOwner(), "message");  I would like to bump this thread and also request (along with others) an update on the situation.  I have scripted objects that let me know when the region has been restarted, status pages updates etc. and now I find myself in the dark!

Thank you

Black

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.