Deploys for the week of 2012-05-07

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The code that was on RC last week is being promoted to the main channel Tuesday morning. Wednesday morning we will have code for the RC channels. We're still sorting it out now.

Second Life Server (main channel)
This is a maint-server. It is the same that was on Magnum last week. It is now on all 3 RC channels.

Second Life RC BlueSteel
This channel had a crashing bug and was rolled to match Server Main Channel / trunk.

Second Life RC LeTigre
This channel had a crashing bug and was rolled to match Server Main Channel / trunk.

Second Life RC Magnum

We will be monitoring this thread during the next week so please feel free to post issues that you feel have been introduced by the new code. Please file a JIRA for issues you find and post the JIRA link into this thread. It really helps us out. When determining if issues are relevant or not research is key. Tracking down exactly the right situation where an issue is occurring greatly speeds up the development process to get fixes in place.
I appreciate your help. Have a good week!

__Oskar

p.s. If you are interested in helping test SecondLife in beta please join the group "Second Life Beta" in-world. We also have an email list where we communicate upcoming projects and how you can help. (https://lists.secondlife.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/server-beta ) Once a week we meet on ADITI to discuss new features, new bugs, new fixes, and other fun stuff. You are more than welcome. Information is here:https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group

sweet good to hear.

ty oskar.

glad notices are fixed i sent one out and nobody got it made me sad. now they work yaay!!

btw. a friend of mine is having problems with tiger breedables and says they tigers server isnt wrong that it is secondlife. at least that is what the tiger server people are telling her. now we have to pull the prims up out of the ground everyday. that is the only problem but idk anything about how the tiger server works.

Triple Peccable wrote:

That's ok, a rollback is better than crashes.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I assume you mean all 3 RC channels are being rolled back.

We caught the issue before a full rollout so we halted the rollout and rolled back regions that had been on the new code. All of the RC channels will be placed on main channel code.

__Oskar

Hi, Oskar

I wanted to let you know I've been getting quite a few reports of note cards on the main server not being able to be opened since Tuesday's restarts. I've been able to duplicate this about 50% of the time myself and  Symptoms include either a time out message, or lack of permission message even if the person created the card.

Getting a lot of reports of people not being able to rez. Initially we posted SVC-7907 but it's now looking worse than that - some can't rez items even if they have rez rights at 0,0,0 & are not trying to 'rez at last location' merely drop to the sim.

No firm details yet but too many users in the support group today with the same issue

MB Robonaught wrote:

Hi, Oskar

I wanted to let you know I've been getting quite a few reports of note cards on the main server not being able to be opened since Tuesday's restarts. I've been able to duplicate this about 50% of the time myself and  Symptoms include either a time out message, or lack of permission message even if the person created the card.

Confirmed on this. Witnessed the same behavior, and heard it from others.

Hello Oskar! Thank you for the communication and explaining what is going on. It means a lot to me and I"m sure a lot of people appreciate it as well

I've noticed since the April 30th issue with LL finding a bug that only showed up when updating software, has the time since then had to do with fixing this bug?

I am curious because I'm a merchant and everything has been below normal since that day and I've been noticing odd behavior across Second Life (marketplace errors, prims rubber banding back after moving them).

Was the upgrade to Debian planned or is this a part of fixing the chaos that seems to have happened on April 30th?

Thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.