Deploys for the week of 2012-04-23

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We are deploying the Inventory API changes that were on BlueSteel and LeTigre last week. The avatar fly height will be raised to 5,000 meters for all regions.

Second Life Server (main channel)
This contains the Inventory API changes that were on BlueSteel and LeTigre last week. 
This channel has Inventory API changes. Improvements were made to the way inventory transactions are handled in order to improve scalability and reliability of inventory transfers.

Second Life RC BlueSteel
Maint-Server with a simulator crash fix.

Second Life RC LeTigre
This is the same as BlueSteel and contains the simulator crash fix.

Second Life RC Magnum
This is a maint-server deploy. This is the same code that was on here last week with a fix for SVC-7845.
  • New PRIM_SLICE value can be used in llGetLinkPrimitiveParams() and similar functions to set the slice value for prims that support slice values.
  • HTTP_BODY_MAXLENGTH has been added to llHTTPRequest() allowing return body sizes up to 4k for LSO and 16k for Mono scripts
  • New LSL llGetRegionAgents() function returns a list of all agent keys on the region

Bug Fixes

• SCR-15: Add flag parameter [vector slice] to llSetPrimitiveParams PRIM_TYPE flags PRIM_TYPE_BOX, PRIM_TYPE_CYLINDER, and PRIM_TYPE_PRISM
  • SVC-680: Increase HTTP Response body size from 2048 to 4096 or larger
  • SVC-5488: llGetRegionAgents() -- returns list of agent keys in the current region
  • SVC-6894: Excessive EnableSimulator message spamming to viewers
  • SVC-7307: creation of scripts gets a nice error
  • SVC-7845: Group Notices not working on Magnum 12.04.13.253827

We will be monitoring this thread during the next week so please feel free to post issues that you feel have been introduced by the new code. Please file a JIRA for issues you find and post the JIRA link into this thread. It really helps us out. When determining if issues are relevant or not research is key. Tracking down exactly the right situation where an issue is occurring greatly speeds up the development process to get fixes in place.
I appreciate your help. Have a good week!

__Oskar

p.s. If you are interested in helping test SecondLife in beta please join the group "Second Life Beta" in-world. We also have an email list where we communicate upcoming projects and how you can help. (https://lists.secondlife.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/server-beta ) Once a week we meet on ADITI to discuss new features, new bugs, new fixes, and other fun stuff. You are more than welcome. Information is here:https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group

I may have dreamed this, but I thought Kelly said a few weeks ago that the code had been changed so that a snapshot of the sim is taken after all the avatars are logged out, in order to avoid losing stuff that had been rezzed too close to the restart.

If I didn't dream this, then it doesn't seem to be working.   I've just had some complaints from one of my tenants on Freedonia that he lost some no copy items he'd rezzed about 10 or 15 minutes before the restart.   I told him there was a reason why LL warns against rezzing no copy items during restarts, but I thought I'd raise it, because of my (possibly false) recollection of what I think Kelly said.

ETA -- He's just told me that, in addition to this, he'd taken a no-copy bed back into his inventory before the restart and now discovers that it's reappeared in his skybox, while he still has it in his inventory too.   So something odd seems to have happened.

Thanks.  

For reference, he said

Simon Linden wrote:

FWIW I recently added code for our shutdown sequence to ensure there are no region state saves in the final 5 minutes.   A final save is done after everyone is ejected from the region and it's shutting down.   That's the state that's re-loaded after the software update.    There's no sense to start one in the final few minutes while everyone should be leaving, so that's bypassed now.

That said, I agree about the viewer notifications.  They're easy to miss.

Which certainly doesn't seem to have happened in this case, if what my tenant is telling me is correct.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

I may have dreamed this, but I thought Kelly said a few weeks ago that the code had been changed so that a snapshot of the sim is taken after all the avatars are logged out, in order to avoid losing stuff that had been rezzed too close to the restart.

If I didn't dream this, then it doesn't seem to be working.   I've just had some complaints from one of my tenants on Freedonia that he lost some no copy items he'd rezzed about 10 or 15 minutes before the restart.   I told him there was a reason why LL warns against rezzing no copy items during restarts, but I thought I'd raise it, because of my (possibly false) recollection of what I think Kelly said.

ETA -- He's just told me that, in addition to this, he'd taken a no-copy bed back into his inventory before the restart and now discovers that it's reappeared in his skybox, while he still has it in his inventory too.   So something odd seems to have happened.

Was it the regular scheduled restart or one that came up at another time? What you're describing is what happens when a sim is rolled back to a previous saved state. It sounds like the sim may have crashed or received a non-scheduled restart and was rolled back.

@Oskar

Are They?  I just looked and all I see for the RCs is last week's roll details, not those slated for 25th April, which to me is still ( just) tomorrow.  I'll look again in the morning.:smileyfrustrated:

Edit: D'oh!  I went back and looked again and there they were!  I was a bit too quick off the mark (a novelty for me these days).:smileyembarrassed:

This is more anecdotal than fully tested, but in viewers that will scroll inventory to the most recent item taken from sim, this behaviour seems to have stopped working. Heard from a few users today, on Phoenix & Firestorm. The only commonality is 'since yesterday' 

Also I tested with SecondLife_3_3_0_251182 - which produced the same results, but I don't know what its default behaviour should be.

Avatar to avatar offers, the inventory scrolls to the new item as expected

Ayesha Askham wrote:

@Oskar

Are They?  I just looked and all I see for the RCs is last week's roll details, not those slated for 25th April, which to me is still ( just) tomorrow.  I'll look again in the morning.:smileyfrustrated:

Edit: D'oh!  I went back and looked again and there they were!  I was a bit too quick off the mark (a novelty for me these days).:smileyembarrassed:

Maybe you need a 30 minute submit button timer. :-) Every time you click submit on a forums post it give syou 30 minutes to cancel. :-D

__Oskar

Hi Oskar

I need to report that magnum servers are continuing to crash. Also this last crash (4/27 at 4:20pm slt)sim rolled back about an hour. My two sims have crashed at least 3 times this week. Is there anything I need to watch for to help fix this issue?

Update:Kustom Klassics HQ just crashed and rolled back again at 4:29pm slt

Thanks

Hi Oskar,

I'm reporting that the magnum servers are still crashing after the network maintenance  today(4/30). Sim stats appear fine before each crash, however there are a few minor lag hits just prior. After the crash the sim rolls back approximately 15 minutes.It may be wise not to deploy this code for now.

Thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.