Deploys for the week of 2012-02-06

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There will be no main channel promotion this week. There was a bug in the RC channel code that we determined was not worthy of promoting.

Second Life Server (main channel)
No promotion this week. Regions might still be restarted during the Tuesday release window.

Second Life RC BlueSteel
This maint-server has huge improvements to certain LSL functions. We attempted to roll this code out a few weeks ago but noticed a script crashing bug that necessitated a rollback. This version is fixed. This code is on all three RC channels.

Second Life RC LeTigre
This is the same maint-server that is on BlueSteel.

Second Life RC Magnum
This is the same maint-server that is on BlueSteel.

We will be monitoring this thread during the next week so please feel free to post issues that you feel have been introduced by the new code. Please file a JIRA for issues you find and post the JIRA link into this thread. It really helps us out. When determining if issues are relevant or not research is key. Tracking down exactly the right situation where an issue is occurring greatly speeds up the development process to get fixes in place.
I appreciate your help. Have a good week!

__Oskar

p.s. If you are interested in helping test SecondLife in beta please join the group "Second Life Beta" in-world. We also have an email list where we communicate upcoming projects and how you can help. ( https://lists.secondlife.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/server-beta ) Once a week we meet on ADITI to discuss new features, new bugs, new fixes, and other fun stuff. You are more than welcome. Information is here: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group

Cincia Singh wrote:

A larger sample size improves the chance of finding any complications before it goes to the main channel.

Exactly. This is an opportunity to make certain that we've uncovered as many issues as possible. If anyone finds something that might hold up promotion next week file a JIRA and then link it here.

Thanks!

__Oskar

Hi Oskar

Since the deploy of today's server on my magnum sim I've been seeing and getting reports of rezzing delay issues. Such things as items taking up to a minute to delete as well. Textures are taking up to 5 minutes to load for some people including myself(clear cache didn't help). I'm not sure if it's a viewer issue or sim so unsure how to fill a JIRA on it

thanks

SVC-7443 is not working at all.

I tested this here:

You are at 128452.0, 397983.0, 3030.4 in Phantom Island located at sim9586.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.44.43:13011)
Second Life RC Magnum 12.02.06.248938

Additional things that we tried was resetting the telehub, and restarting the sim.  No effect.  

"Allow Direct Teleport" is not checked off in Region/Estate settings, which was the designed behavior.  Also there is no landing point set (which is suggested on the wiki for properly configured telehubs.)

I was able to teleport anybody on my friends list to my position that was no where near the telehub.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.