Deploys for the week of 2011-12-13

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We are a week closer to Christmas and the New Year. We're promoting a maint-server this week and setting the rest of the channels the upgraded voice code.

Second Life Server (main channel)
The promotion this week comes from LeTigre/Magnum. There are a lot of bug fixes in here. There are a LOT of bug fixes in here and a few new features. The release notes contain more details. There is a fix for  
  • SVC-7499 Poseball rezzing items are either not giving poseballs or rezzing balls in wrong positions

Also included is a new feature called "llTransferLindenDollars" with transction_result that is outlined here:

- http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Upcoming-LSL-feature-llTransferLindenDollars-and-transction/td-p/1239275

Also new is: SCR-31  llGetParcelMusicURL()

Second Life RC BlueSteel
This project contains voice diagnostics updated to improve our ability to diagnose voice issues. This project is on all three channels this week.

Second Life RC LeTigre

This is the same "maint-server" project that is on Magnum and BlueSteel.

Second Life RC Magnum
This is the same "maint-server" project that is on LeTigre and BlueSteel.

We will be monitoring this thread during the next week so please feel free to post issues that you feel have been introduced by the new code. Please file a JIRA for issues you find and post the JIRA link into this thread. It really helps us out. When determining if issues are relevant or not research is key. Tracking down exactly the right situation where an issue is occurring greatly speeds up the development process to get fixes in place.
I appreciate your help. Have a good week!

__Oskar

p.s. If you are interested in helping test SecondLife in beta please join the group "Second Life Beta" in-world. We also have an email list where we communicate upcoming projects and how you can help. ( https://lists.secondlife.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/server-beta ) Once a week we meet on ADITI to discuss new features, new bugs, new fixes, and other fun stuff. You are more than welcome. Information is here: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group

Oskar, I tried to let LL know about a problem with the 11.12.03.246118 server code currently running on LeTigre/Mangum by creating https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7537. It was closed as a duplicate even though it is not.

I am sure that when you release that code to the main channel you will have a LOT of broken teleporters, because PosJump does not work on many of the sims running that code. I spent most of yesterday tracking that down, and I can confirm it is only regions running 11.12.03.246118 that has the problem, although not ALL regions running that code has the problem.

If you want to see it for yourself, go to Voidicus, rez a cube, and put the script that is in that JIRA to reproduce it. JumpPos / WarpPos is limited to 10m in that sim, along with lots of other Magnum/LeTigre regions. Unlike the JIRA that this JIRA is supposedly a duplicate of, PosJump fails regardless of land ownership or parcel permission settings.

Oskar, I can assure you that several main channel regions had a *working* posJump before 11.12.03.246118 was rolled to it today, and now they do not. I can provide you with a list if you like.

The incidious thing about this particular bug is that it does not affect every region running 11.12.03.246118.

Choose to believe me or not, I sincerely believe the problem was greatly multiplied today because this a *new* jumpPos bug introduced in the LeTigre channel but not caught in time.

I will continue to collect a list of the regions where it is now completely broken, just let me know if that list becomes valuable at some point in the future.

ETA: jumpPos continues to work in every BlueSteel region I have checked. And up until today's roll, it was also working in every Main Channel region I checked (which was a lot).

OK I'm still having great difficulty getting in to this forum to Post, and it isn't the browser I use...what gives?

@Oskar,

This may seem irrelevant, but I'm going to ask anyway.  In HELP>About in my Firestorm 3.2.2.24336 I get the server version listed as 11.12.03.246118, instead of 11.12.02.246118, which I see in the Release notes.  Any idea why?

I guess when we roll this UK afternoon it'll no longer be a problem, but I wondered if you happened to know why this might have occurred?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.