DNS could not resolve the the Host name

Dagger Faulkwing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Having a very odd problem. Logged in on the latest Firestorm viewer sorting Inventory and things started going slow, alpha layers and foot shapes taking ages to have any effect on my avatar. So tried relogging on the very latest Kokua viewer that I've just downloaded and clean installed - 3.7.21 - Logged in fine the first time, changed Prefs, and relogged. Message came up on Login screen after a while saying "DNS could not resolve the the Host name". Did as message suggested, checked SL.com and logged into my Dashboard with no problem. So tried SL Main viewer 3.7.20 (296094) and got the same message. Then tried Firestorm and logged in with no problems except texture loading when I tp is slow as though there are CDN problems again. Anyone else having similar problems?

Problems yesterday with some viewers being unable to connect to SecondLife & getting the message "DNS could not resolve the the Host name" appear to have affected the UK and been caused by British Telecom's DNS server failing. This has now been fixed! Perhaps we need to keep the current Firestorm viewer around as a back up in case this kind of failiure happens again. The last time this happened was only this June and it lasted for a couple of days if I remember. I didn't try Firestorm at that time not did I try another trick which is to change to using Google's DNS servers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.