Crossing Sims - Visual Mess

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When crossing from a Magna sim to a regular SL server sim it looks like half the sim is resting in the new sim I just entered. Sometimes the ghosted vision stays there only a minute, and on other days it can look that way for 5 or 10 minutes.

If others are seeing this they can't shop in my sky store, and I can't work with all this ghosted junk obscuring what's really in the sim. And if people are riding tours all they see is a jumbled mess when crossing a sim boundary.

I see this happen often on simcrossings - entire parts of the sim you're leaving is suddenly projected in the sim you're entering - I've only noticed it with static objects so not sure if it'd happen to moving/physical objects as well. But I agree that it normally disappears within a second or two, never experienced it "staying" there.

That being said, it's obviously quite annoying visually and should get some dev attention.

Yeah kind of ruins any kind of immersive experience doesn't it.

It started happening to me when I switched to Firestorm, but there was an update too so can't really track down what's causing it.

I do wonder if it's worse when theres a magnum server sim next to a SL server sim.

I could deal with it if it was just a flash...but it stays there for several minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, I've that happening each time i cross the sim border in front of my home.

I agree it's very disturbing but there is a way to make those remanent prims disappear quickly.

Zoom out your cam far waway and then back. since the prims are not sent by the region you are in, they won't be re-rendered again.

Uggo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.