Chat server seems odd today

Trin1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Confirmed.
Group chat is down for any group who's key starts with "d".

When this happens the affected group chat server needs to be restarted.

I filed a support ticket to let them know - Case: 01983750

When a group chat is totally dead for everyone and you do not even get error messages from the viewer that the group chat failed to initialise or that the server dropped the post and all other groups who's key starts with the same letter or number also have totally dead group chat, then its extremely likely that the group chat server for these set of groups has gone offline and needs to be restarted.
If this happens in future you should file a support ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/, give them the name of the affected groups and ask them to notify ops to restart the affected group chat server.

Also to note: When a group chat server goes offline, group notices will still send, it is just the group chat posts that are affected.

• 1 month later...

Well since this has been going on since 7.30 a.m SLT it would be nice if LL sorted this, I have % Groups that I am officer of, owner of or am in that are down. Knocks on LL's door, umm Hellooooo!! Anybody home and when will this be resolved please, since I can't seem to file a ticket on 4! If you answer thank you for admitting there's a problem so we can all go yawn elsewhere:)

• 5 months later...

lol well that is a royal pain. for my chat server must be the problem because mine keeps going offline daily and they just do not want to tell or fixx it  group chat may work for a few days then bann off for a week. going on for 3 days. then someone after ticket restarts it and i may be on for a few hours then bang noting completely dead. no return messages it is like offline all the time here. i been complaining about it for 3 years. they dont want to look into the prob either. now i just get closed tickets imediately when i send them. they know what it is and dont want to fix it. 3 years of this? and they dont look not even one of the ops even look to see if they can send anything? it is hard to keep a group chat with my venu that we give ufo and other fun thngs out when it is always dead. but my other groups work fine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.