CDN Problem or what? Objects not rezzing.

Dagger Faulkwing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Um, increasing the value would make more sense, since SceneLoadRearMaxRadiusFraction "is the percentage of draw distance beyond which all objects outside of view frustum will be unloaded, regardless of pixel threshold." Or am I getting it wrong?

Anyway, I never use a draw distance longer than 256 m, and when we're in areas that are mostly water that won't make much difference.

I think the key is "rear" as in behind you, though it`s not documented on the wiki. I guess it`s function is to keep rear view loaded so if you turn around the scene stays rendered and focused. That might be true at lower draw distances but I`m a 512m junkie if I`m ballooning or slow flying.Soo having 75% of what`s behind you still loaded while you`re flying forward makes little sense to me, bit like dragging a ball and chain behind you, setting it low works for me :smileyhappy:. It also badly affects rendering if you do turn and I don`t see that happen in pre-interesting viewers. Anyway I`ll link to the jira coz this is getting a bit off topic.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-7545

• 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.