Blinking sims?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since the last roll some of my sims been blinking offline and back online. They have different server versions so im guessing that it is just coincidence that they started blinking after the rolls.

They go offline about 5-10 times a day. Silent mainland sims. Rarely any people in them. And when i go to investigate, i dont see anything shady there exept that those sims do have some parcels that use temp rezzing to go over pim quota.

Anyone else have sims that have started to blink recently?

I use llRequestSimulatorData to remotely monitor my sims. The sims really go down. Been in them couple times when this has happened. And when i remotely see them go offline, and go to neighboring region to wait for the crashed region to come up, i see a region size hole in the world before it comes back up.

I've seen this before on a connected estate region as well... never did figure out what was causing it, but the region would disappear for about 30 sec to a minute over few minutes...

had a linden from live chat come over and check it out, they restarted the region on a different server, and the problem went away.... I'm thinking it was a network issue myself, but never found out for sure.

try running an http server on the region, that requests new urls on region restart and messages the new url to you.... then you should be able to confirm whether the region is actually going down, or whether it's something else.

personally I've grown to distrust the remote region up reporting, especially after a monitored a region that I knew was down, being reported as up, right through a restart on a new server.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.