Research

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I am psychology student and I would like to ask you to participate in my research. It discusses Second life and self-care. Here is a short anonymous questionnaire about you, your avatar and self-care that you can fill in. Obtained data will be analysed and results will be used in my diploma thesis. It should take no more than 10-15 minutes and your participation will help me a lot.

Thank you :)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IsaBO0J1UP_VdT_yh9D8zDX4_IU8kHcSXO0EZSV9hIw/viewform

TaraBaska wrote:

Hello!

I am psychology student and I would like to ask you to participate in my research. It discusses Second life and self-care. Here is a short anonymous questionnaire about you, your avatar and self-care that you can fill in. Obtained data will be
analysed
and results will be used in my diploma thesis. It should take no more than 10-15 minutes and your participation will help me a lot.

Thank you
:)

What is the reimbursement?

You spelled analyzed wrong..

ETA I started your survey but when I got to the part about my avatars health I had to stop, mainly because i couldn't stop laughing... Does my avatar avoid illness? LMAO!!! roflmao2.gif Have you spent ANY time in SL?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

You spelled analyzed wrong..

Maybe not. From 'The Grammarist': "Analyze is preferred in American and Canadian English. Analyse is the preferred spelling outside North America."

There are rumors of English-speaking countries outside North America. I'm sure they don't amount to much but maybe the OP is from one a them ;-).

TaraBaska wrote:

Hello!

I am psychology student and I would like to ask you to participate in my research. It discusses Second life and self-care. Here is a short anonymous questionnaire about you, your avatar and self-care that you can fill in. Obtained data will be analysed and results will be used in my diploma thesis. It should take no more than 10-15 minutes and your participation will help me a lot.

Thank you

I looked at your Survey and really there is no way to answer your questions about "Your Avatars"

Avatars are pixel creations and they don't really have health and safety concerns.

A person could role play eating, but really, "Avatars do not eat healthy, exercise, etc, etc."

Perrie Juran wrote:

TaraBaska wrote:

Hello!

Thank you

I looked at your Survey and really there is no way to answer your questions about "Your Avatars"

Avatars are pixel creations and they don't really have health and safety concerns.

A person could role play eating, but really, "Avatars do not eat healthy, exercise, etc, etc."

I sent you some chicken juice.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

TaraBaska wrote:

Hello!

Thank you

you juiced a chicken? ewwwwww

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

TaraBaska wrote:

Hello!

Thank you

BIG EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

That is not the way to a Martian's Heart.

I also spell it "analyse" here in the UK (although I spell potential "potential" and not "potencial" as seems to be the case in your survey).

Petty spelling errors aside, one day you may make something of yourself in this big old wide real world, as a psychologist or something else, and will be able to stick two fingers up at anyone who may have seemed to be flippant towards you while you were on your way up the food chain.

However, I think it is important to let you know that I also perused your survey questions, and really do not believe you will obtain anything of any value towards your psychology course with such questions. 

When you are wishing to know about the people in a particular society, the best way is to actually immerse yourself within that society.  I think it is possible that you have seen recent newspaper headlines about a particular set of parents who have been charged with neglecting their young child because they were spending too much time immersed in Second Life.  People like that are undoubtedly in the minority. 

Looking through your questionnaire, and I am urged to add that a lot of us don't have just one avatar. Its not that we have multiple personality disorder (or maybe we do as I'm speaking on behalf of at least six people) its just if we had dolls as kids (or even if we didn't) sometimes its nice to pick a new toy out of the box once in a while.

Another question you could have asked, along with the "how many hours do you use Second Life in a week", was "do you use Second Life more or less now than you did one, two, three years ago".

Going onto page two, and I really gave up here - make of that what you will.  You seem to have repeated question 27 as question 29, and there are a lot of careless little errors.  I don't actually understand question 23 "I move forward in the way I am" .

For these reasons, I would doubt very much that you would get many people actually wanting to go further than page one of your questionnaire.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

TaraBaska wrote:

Hello!

Thank you

BIG EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Would you rather I get at it with my bare hands?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

TaraBaska wrote:

Hello!

Thank you

BIG EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I wouldn't want you to break a nail.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

TaraBaska wrote:

Hello!

Thank you

BIG EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I wouldn't want you to break a nail.

Chicken!

Thank you for your reply and insights.

I know my english isn`t perfect, I am not a native english speaker (I am from Slovakia). I will try to correct all my mistakes.

I used SL very short time, my computer is not very efficient. I consulted my questionnaire with a few users of SL.

I know that some people have more avatars and that`s the reason why I requested you to pick the one you use the most.

Question 27 is about food and question 29 is more general, it includes also exercise, smoking etc.
Question 23 concerns you want to be better and better person.

I have no budget, no team of people and this research is one of my school tasks. I understand people can consider it as a low quality research. My possibilities are limited.

If you think some questions don`t fit to your avatar, reply "never", I know that avatars are virtual :)

I just want to know about self-care in SL, I don`t want to prove something special.

TaraBaska wrote:

I know my english isn`t perfect, I am not a native english speaker (I am from Slovakia). I will try to correct all my mistakes.

I used SL very short time, my computer is not very efficient. I consulted my questionnaire with a few users of SL.

I know that some people have more avatars and that`s the reason why I requested you to pick the one you use the most.

Question 27 is about food and question 29 is more general, it includes also exercise, smoking etc.

I have no budget, no team of people and this research is one of my school tasks. I understand people can consider it as a low quality research. My possibilities are limited.

If you think some questions don`t fit to your avatar, reply "never", I know that avatars are virtual

I just want to know about self-care in SL, I don`t want to prove something special.

Thats what were are trying to get across to you.. There is no self care in SL. It's not like the sim that have to eat, shower and work. My av can sit on the couch watching Youtube al day and not have to move.

TaraBaska wrote:

If you think some questions don`t fit to your avatar, reply "never", I know that avatars are virtual

Your response has added a new perspective to your questionnaire, and I have now completed this for you. I still believe it will not really add anything of value to your psychology course, but it might provide some fun answers.

Now I know that you know that avatars are virtual, and you know that we know that our avatars are virtual, and therefore they do not eat, or have to worry about their weight, or fitness, I felt more comfortable about answering your questions. And now that I have reached page three, and see there is space for comments, I have left you comments there, which I hope you and your college tutor will take on board.

Good luck with your studies.

I understand that you don`t have to do any self-care activities but you can. You don`t do it but some people maybe do. I don`t know... That`s the reason why I do this research.
And there is a physical and psychical self-care. It`s not just about eating and showering. For example you can do (psychical) self-care activity when you are chatting with someone and you don`t realize it.

• 1 month later...

Perrie Juran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

TaraBaska wrote:

Hello!

Thank you

BIG EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Yes, choke the heck out of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.