Official Talk on exposing Second Life for A university

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys,

I am currently working for Cara.com.my for our second life project (http://goo.gl/fEqKHN) especially for Malaysian users.

I am cordially invited to my previous university to give a talk about this project (generally Second Life itself) to the final year student and those that takes courses related (3D design, Multimedia, Graphic Design) as well for the lecturer and (maybe) the top management of the university itself.

I would like to have some supports from you guys on drafting my presentation.

I understand there are still some real life business that have their own SL world and I have listed some with their SURL. If you guys have any other places that you think proper for me to show during the talk, please just inform me.

I am trying to reach the Second life supports team on this so that they would assist me in term of legality (of what not to show or what can be shown) because this is also a marketing move for the Second life side as well but it seems like my email was just a spam to them,maybe. LOL.

Please I am still drafting my presentation files, so drop any comment or idea that you can think of.

The purpose for this talk is to expose them on what is Second life, and how is it applicable to the university entirely

Here is the policy on making / using snapshots and machinima taken in SL. 

As far as anything else, you of course understand you can't share conversation logs with the permission of everyone involved in it. 

Other than that, if it is or was done in public in SL you are free to share it

Any research you did that was done under ethical standards is ok too.

There is a large conference in SL each summer attended by RL educators from all over the world on the Virtual World's Best Practices in Education.   You can see the material generated from each year including machinima of selected presentations and speakers posted on the net by using VWBPE <YEAR> as you search in Google and the planning site for the 2015 Conference here.  This conference is organized by the VWBPE group in SL under the Rockcliffe University Consortium.  The RUC has a sim in SL too.

There are also several groups you can join in SL to network with RL professional educators in SL who can probably provide you will a lot of information.

Merci for that info.

I have just gone through the UWA and contacted the person in charge of their University SL.

As for your information on Rockcliffe University Consortium, this university is only virtual, isn't it correct? Does it have any recognition or acknowledgment from any RL institutes?

Rockcliffe University is a virtual university offering virtual classes that teach skills specific to SL as well as non SL specific courses.  These classes are taught by experts in their fields, some, such as classes in building, scripting, running an open sim etc.  by expert SL residents, some hold RL certifications, some come from RL various educational institutions and some are people working in a specific field in RL companies.  For classes that are not SL specific the teachers RL credentials are available.

The website http://www.urockcliffe.com/ states

Rockcliffe is not a formally accredited education institution. Rockcliffe does subscribe to the standards and guidelines of the istance Education and Training Council and the American Library Association and are working towards eventual accreditation with both of these regulatory bodies at some point in the future.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.