Anyone Learning Russian?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there! I've actually been interested in learning Russian! I would say I'm definitely an intermediate learner, I really only know a few words in Russian, like sandwich or girl. Random things! I've been wanting to learn for awhile now, but I don't know anybody around me that speaks the language and I haven't been able to find classes in my area. So I think I would really be interested in an opportunity like this. I'm also kind of new around here myself and still learning the ropes!

Sorry for replying with delay. I agree with you, but I refuse to see it in a "black and white"-manner.

We can find as many Ukrainians as we would find Russians telling us about the atrocities of the other side. It is a complexe situation, because in the Ukraine lives a mixed population. Perhaps for an US-American it is not easy to understand, because you're defining your nation in another way than in Europe. And in Europe, we have very different definitions of it. ...long story...

but what we also see at the moment, that there is a big manipulation going on - on all sides! So never, please never trust just one "source".

I show you an example for it. This video is a German satirical programme, subject is the West/East propaganda. You don't need to know any German word to understand it, just look the pictures.
at 1:10 - they show a Russian soldier how he holds a teddy bear in his hands....the header for this picture was "How the Russians mock the victims of the air plane crash" -  please have a look what the man actually did. The last example on the video show a Ukrainian soldier how he "eats" an arm of an Russian soldier (shown in the Russian media), actually it was a film set....

That's why I have my doubts, when I read something in the media. The questions is cui bono and why? So I am really convinced that it is a proxy war, and not just an invasion from one side. Putin is not a saint at all, there you're right, but also on the other side aren't saints...

I honestly don't care about what one leader has done in the past over the other. The whole point is, Ukraine is free and wants to stay that way. Putin is attacking them because he doesn't want any former U.S.S.R state to remain free. End of story. If they ask for the UN's help, do you really think the rest of the world will sit by and let another WW2 begin? Hitler tried the same thing back then. He tried to take over Europe... And failed.

The creator of this topic has asked for all political inputs and commentary not to be posted here. This thread, as clearly stated multiple times, is for the singular purpose of finding people interested in learning/teaching the Russian language. All of those who ignore the original topic creator's request are only derailing this topic. It is very rude and disrespectful and helps nobody who is actually trying to reach out to discuss the actual topic.

If you're so interested in debating politics, make your own thread because I would actually like to see if there are others interested in learning/teaching Russian, not your personal opinions.

Tebastian wrote:

The creator of this topic has asked for all political inputs and commentary
not
to be posted here. This thread, as clearly stated multiple times, is for the singular purpose of finding people interested in learning/teaching the Russian language. All of those who ignore the original topic creator's request are only derailing this topic. It is very rude and disrespectful and helps nobody who is actually trying to reach out to discuss the actual topic.

If you're so interested in debating politics, make your own thread because I would actually like to see if there are others interested in learning/teaching Russian, not your personal opinions.

Vitaly already posted in the Russian Forum here, and asked for people /sims, with whom/where his friend can learn the  Russian language.

Please have a look: Forums:International Forum:Форум по-русски:Кто-нибудь учит Русский язык? (Или где хорошо практиковать русский, по-мимо клубов?)

I think this is a good idea, to ask directly in the International forums.

By the way, in the forums we can also discuss. And, me at least, I didn't want to be rude or disrespectful. I think the others aren't rude or disrespectful. Perhaps we're only interested what happens in/with our world, and how our future will look like.

Hey Tebastian (Drake1 Nightfire),

I really appreciate your response, and I'm sorry for replying a bit late!  Would you like to meet up in Second Life and get acquainted?  My friend's name is VictorLeBron and his Display name is Виктор.  I'm not sure about how to link up his profile exactly, but we can agree to meet up at a certain time and a certain place.  What is your time zone?  We're on the US Eastern Time Zone.  A great time is anything after 9pm, but we can meet up anytime in the evening that would work for you.  

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

VitalilyK

Hi VitalilyK!

That's alright! And sure, I would like to meet up! I am also on the US Eastern Time Zone as well and I think that after 9pm is an excellent time for me too! However, recently my laptop has not let me run Second Life. I'm not certain what's going on but I am looking into buying a new computer that should be able to better handle Second Life, but it will likely be some time in the next two or three weeks before that happens.

I will still be able to check in on the forums, though and we can also talk a little more in depth through private messages, perhaps. Anyway, thanks for getting back to me!

• 1 month later...

privet :) im from slovakia and would love to learn the russian lang too, is there a learning group with slovak or czech people i could join? i can understand some russian as many words are quite similar to my lang, but the azbuka and its rules seem a big trouble

p.s. derek, drake, please refrain from the by the CNN brainwashed comments on the situation of ukraine as you have obviously no idea what you are talking about and probably couldnt even find that country on the world map, thank you

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.