You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Luxurious Slingshot

Faucet on/off script?

I know beans about scripting.  I have a spigot and I need water to come out of it that can be started and stopped.  He'p!  I've Googled it to death and zero result!

Ai haz teh happieez!
Rolig Loon

Re: Faucet on/off script?

Reply to Luxurious Slingshot - view message

Take a trip in world to the Particle Laboratory.  Aside from spending time there familiarizing yourself with how particles work, take a look through the free sample sripts that are in the sandbox area there. IIRC, there are a couple that produce a decent flowing water display and could be adjusted to make the specific appearance you are looking for. It's a good way to spend an afternoon, and it's the way that almost everyone in SL learns how to handle particles.

When it comes to turning the stream on and off, I think you will also find a simple control script in the sandbox. If not, it's just a matter of writing something like this ...

integer gON;

// Your particle parameter list goes here

{

touch_start(integer num)

{

if (gON)

{

llParticleSystem([]);

}

else

{

llParticleSystem(particle_parameters);  //Or whatever your parameter list is called

}

gON = !gON;

}

}

Not as dumb as I look
Luxurious Slingshot

Re: Faucet on/off script?

Reply to Luxurious Slingshot - view message

Thank you!

Ai haz teh happieez!