You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Recognized Resident
Eleanor Banx

Tip Jar script - who donated?

Hi,

I'm using a open source tip jar script which is a great basic script. But someone actually gave me my 1st tip and I don't know who it was as I was offline. I am still very new to scripting and have tried to play around with the existing script but I keep getting syntax errors.

I don't foresee high tip traffic so I just want something to tell me the name of the last person to leave a tip in the text field on the tip jar.

This is the script

integer totaldonated;

string owner;

{

on_rez( integer sparam )

{

}

state_entry()

{

owner = llKey2Name( llGetOwner() );

llSetText( owner + "'s Tip Jar.\nIf you enjoyed my house and garden...\n$L0 Donated so far",<.25,1,.65>,1); //change floating text here

}

money(key id, integer amount)

{

totaldonated += amount;

llSetText( owner + "'s Tip Jar.\nIf you enjoyed my house and garden...\n$L" + (string)amount + " Was donated last!\n" + "$L" + (string)totaldonated + " Donated so far",<.25,1,.65>,1); //change floating text here

llInstantMessage(id,"My gratitude for your generosity!\nSafe journey."); //change thank you message here

llInstantMessage(llGetOwner(),(string)llKey2Name(id)+" donated $" + (string)amount);

}

}

Thanks muchly to anyone who's inclined to assist.

Resident
Ericka Coanda

Re: Tip Jar script - who donated?

Reply to Eleanor Banx - view message

Hello Eleanor. You can look up the tippers name on your transaction history. I would be happy to pass you a script that works or help in-world. 

Honored Resident
Hairy Thor

Try this link for some ideas from existing scripts.

http://www.free-lsl-scripts.com/freescripts.plx

Life is too short to worry. Grab a seat and enjoy the sunset.
Recognized Resident
Eleanor Banx

Transaction history? Oh heavens! I am such a newb sometimes! Thx didn't even think of that. The perfect solution.

Recognized Resident
Eleanor Banx

Thank you. That will certainly help the learning