friscolives

Question about Bloodlines

I'm thinking of trying out Bloodlines the Thirst. I don't really know a lot about it, so I have a few questions.

To my understanding, all I really need to get started is one of the HUDs. I am thinking of being a human, so I've already bought the human HUD. Now all I do is put it on, like you would an article of clothing, and people will recognize me as being a human in the game?

I guess the object is for vampires to collect souls, so they go about feeding on humans. How would they know I was an actual human and a part of the game rather than just some random person checking out the Bloodlines areas?

Also, in the event I do get bit by a vampire, will I end up with highly visable bite marks on me? This could be a problem if I want to participate in another non vampire area of SL. If I want to visit a club or something having huge bite marks on my neck might not be cool.

Any info would be helpful.

thanks

Cinnamon Lohner

Re: Question about Bloodlines

Reply to friscolives - view message

Best to start at their website and read the game guide.

http://slbloodlines.com/

--Cinn

Innula Zenovka

While I'm not familiar with the mechanics of Bloodlines, certainly the huds communicate with other players' huds, so I assume other players will know you are a human participant.    

And I can't see how being bitten by an SL vampire could cause bite marks to appear on your avatar's neck, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Heart Brimmer
Topics: 20

Hello friscolives, I'm a blood doll in the Bloodlines game. If you want to know more about the RP, you can IM me inworld later on this afternoon if you like. I'll be more then happy to help you in anyway I can. 

Heart

Jesica Dragovar

yes the HUDs interact with each other, specificly the human hud allows you to offer yourself to vamps or lycans to feed, yeah there is a bite mark (or a claw slash if you're attacked by a lycan) but it's a prim attachment and can be removed at any time

as a human don't forget to eat your apples

Honored Resident
Nicole Portola

Its all a money game. Unless you really needed or wanted a way to manage feedings habits (outside of your own mind anyway) then I wouldn't bother wiht it. You can roleplay being a vampire without bloodlines very easily.

Wheres the fun in that?
Toughlove Sabra
Topics: 4
Blog Posts: 0

I hope you got all the answers you needed, if not , feel free to contact me inworld.

Honored Resident
andrewmarsland

lol its all a money game whats that comment all about are`nt all games.And i will tell it like it is unlike some so called liege`s. The huds have a scanner if you have not been bitten you will come up as a fresh victim if you are new to s/l Vamps are not allowed to request a bite you for your  first 14 days  unless you buy a bloodlines hud then you become fair game lol.Guessing your already part of the game now and im too late but i can warn others the reason people are wanting to talk to you online in so they can talk you into letting them give you the 1st bite because whoever bites you 1st  gets your soul if you buy a bloodlines hud to which a really good liege will offer to help you purchase this if you have difficulty obtaining lindens if you dont buy a hud and have been bitten your soul will be registered in bloodlines as being in the abyss that wont effect your s/l only in bloodlines game. So if you get a random bite request i would suggest unless they have approached you and talked to you a little about bloodlines turn request down most clans frown upon idiots running round just requesting without talking to you cause thats why bloodlines gets bad rap lol if i did that my clan would kick me out but unfortunatly you still get them there are some really great vamps who make great liege`s and go out of there way to help you my liege recently rescued my soul when it was traded by the 1st person i lieged to who traded it i was unfortune with my 1st liege she was no help just wanted my soul befriended me until i purchased hud then left me to it theres lots to learn you need guidance at first please bear in mind were not all bad i have met some wonderful vamp friends and finally lol dont rush into being vamp or lycan cause thats when the curse sets in you can still buy vamp /lycan huds bite, claw and take souls while you remain human

Toughlove Sabra
Topics: 4
Blog Posts: 0

Reply to andrewmarsland - view message

Well, half right, half wrong. As Queen of my clan and a long time Bloodlines player..I didn't ask to talk them inworld to bite and take their soul...but to offer real time assistance with their questions and to meet with them and offer them the opportunity to meet others involved, for a more objective choice. A bitten non-bl person doesn't go in the abyss, their soul goes into limbo....Wormwood: if you have been attacked by a Bloodlines monster, but you haven't joined the game yet, then your soul is considered to be "in Limbo". If your soul is in Limbo, and you drink the wormwood potion, then your soul will go to the next person to bite you, instead of the first..BL players have HUD's that tell us these things....I am in total agreement with the turning down of random requests, the idea and concept is to build a family, make the RP fun and meaningful, and mostly enjoy the social interaction. There are, as with any SL large groups, those that make a mess by scamming, not having honor, or simply just asses...I have always suggested that someone wanting to join a family, shop a little bit, visit, chat and see for yourself before diving into the world of Bloodlines..and I will glady chat someone about it inworld while leaving my fangs and claws out of them.....quality versus quanity is a age old question......I prefer quality family versus total soul count anytime....

Resident
AmyLLTR

WHAT IF U GET ACCEPTED IN A BLOODLINE BUT CHANGE UR MIND ON BEING IN IT. HOW DO U GET OUT WITHOUT SOMETHING HAPPENING TO U?