Honored Resident
Martin Emerald

Progeny Vampire System

Warning.....A new vampire system has been in testing for just over a year now, that many have no clue it’s going on. The Progeny creators have created a system where, (unlike Bloodlines) they can bite people without them knowing about it. In the latest days, this has caused problems to both players of this system and to those unaware that they have been victims.  There is NO way other than you being killed to opt out of the playing of the game at this time.

The Creators of Progeny think that taking people's "freedom of choice" away is ok and to involve everyone in their game play without our permission. Even if we find the idea of being bitten repulsive. They have justified it by stating, "if you didn't know you were bit, how would you know?" Now that they have become less secret about the system, it is easy to find out. Go get scanned by someone you know that is involved in the progeny system.

Lets look at their own web page: They state, "They bite humans or each other and drink their blood to survive.  They do not have to ask permission, there are no annoying bite requests as in other systems.  Progeny vampires seduce their intended victims, take them private and attack (this is often far more pleasant than it sounds). "

It is an absolute lie to justify their system. Most bites happen in crowded places, like clubs, parks, events and other RP sims. Even Bots are targets. If there is lag there, the person can become DEAD, as the biter can't stop the process in time. if you are dead within the system you are dead. The only way to become "revived" is for you to join the system. Again forcing you to be involved in a game of whom you were not asked to participate.

The biting occurs at just over 2 meters from you. There is no animation to give it away that you are being a unwilling victim. Be aware of people standing close to you. It only takes a minute for you to become dead, but... it only takes seconds for them to get a small bite. As stated they DO NOT NEED TO ASK PERMISSION TO BITE YOU. It makes me wonder, as the vampire role-play is a mature genre as to how many under age members in SL have been bitten on PG Sims. I’d expect the progeny creators to deny such activities.

If being involved unknowingly bothers you, as it should, you need to contact Linden Labs and DEMAND the creators of Progeny allow non-interested parties to opt out of being bitten. This would mean that a GARLIC necklace like that in Blood Lines be created that would stop random biting attacks, and/or have the HUD ask permission of the potential victim. Another failsafe should be added that NO ONE should be drained DEAD without a notification that they have a choice that this is going to happen!

I see no mention of a progeny vampire RP system on the forums. It seems it has been keep from you, but they have been in beta for over a year. If you think it’s bad now, wait until Progeny is released to the general public. The Progeny system has the potential for abuse on a mass scale. It needs to be addressed NOW by Linden Labs!

Recognized Helper
Marigold Devin

Re: Progeny Vampire System

Reply to Martin Emerald - view message

Welcome to Second Life Forums, Martin.

They can come and bite me as much as they like. I am an avatar. They cannot harm me or kill me, and I belong to myself, and not any clan or other rival vampire organisation/system.  They can deform me, bomb me, whatever they want, BUT if I deem their actions to be tantamount to harrassment or abusive or mars my Second Life in any way, I will submit an abuse report against them - as I urge others to do if they feel this way.

I'm moderately amused at the fact these new breed of vampires will even resort to collecting blood from bots - actually I am highly amused at that. It's just a shame they aren't able to knock a bot offline while they're at it.

Learning something new every day.
Honored Resident
Martin Emerald

Reply to Marigold Devin - view message

The progeny system gives power over others simular to the power a rapist has. wrong is wrong!

Cinnamon Lohner

Martin Emerald wrote:

The progeny system gives power over others simular to the power a rapist has. wrong is wrong!

Don't go there.  Only an ignoramus would compare a pixalized role play to rape.  Prove that you aren't really that stupid.  Step away from the keyboard

--Cinn

Honored Resident
Martin Emerald

Reply to Cinnamon Lohner - view message

Only a ignoramus woudn't see the simularitys, that is of course you could be a progeny player so you would automaticly not see that taking people's freedom to not be invloved as ok......

Honored Resident
Martin Emerald

Reply to Cinnamon Lohner - view message

My intent was to let others know this is going on and let them decide if they want to do anyting about it. No wonder ther ahs not been a post about the progeny system in the forums before. Whether you see what i am trying to say whether it bothers you I can do nothing about. this info is there. do something or not everyone has a choice, except those people unwillingly being involved in the progeny system......

Magnek Fang

You know why most other vampire HUD games have 'discreet biting'?

Because when we had a vampire HUD that let people know they're being bit, people raised such a huge stink over it that nearly every other vamp HUD that came after it had ways of getting points without the bitee knowing about it, kinda like a midnight madness board that slaps the avatar without knowing it, or those damn subscribers that put you on a list just by walking into a place.

If you don't know that you aren't getting bit, and it dosn't effect you, why raise a fuss over this?

Recognized Helper
Marigold Devin

[ Edited ]

Martin Emerald wrote:

Only a ignoramus woudn't see the simularitys, that is of course you could be a progeny player so you would automaticly not see that taking people's freedom to not be invloved as ok......

And only an ignoramus would say "simularitys", when the word is, in fact, "similarities", and it's "automatically".  You can argue the toss with Cinn or me or anyone you wish to, and while your warning might be full of good intentions, please credit the residents of Second Life with some sense.  If they feel harrassed in any way, they can submit an abuse report to Linden Lab via the inworld facility. 

To compare this type of game of "tiggy"/"you're it" to the actions of a rapist are ridiculous.

Learning something new every day.
madman626 Fall

[ Edited ]

Reply to Magnek Fang - view message

Maybe I don't wanna be biting that my right too you know,, I think a fuss could be rise over it. its my alt not there's

Perrie Juran

Reply to Magnek Fang - view message

So we have a new version of the game "tag, you're it."

The only thing I really am wondering about is what this 'sleep mode' is that they Avatar is unaware of what is happening is.  It could come under the category of 'assault' or harassment/impeding movement if it some how immobilizes your Avatar.