LadyShad0wz Greymoon
Topics: 4
Blog Posts: 0

Re: Progeny Vampire System

[ Edited ]

Reply to friscolives - view message

It hasn't changed, you can only be invited by a member already in progeny, as for the biting, it's anywhere really, There is so much still going on in progeny and the damn drama of the "I have a bigger stick then yours mentality" is a HUGE issue at the moment there. While it's nice to be able to do what we do, many still frown on us. When you first land on the SIM it's OCC for new players to seek out information and so forth, but once you take the boat and teleport down, it is all In Character on the SIM, though sadly as of late it's been pretty dead there cause of the cliques, and petty drama. Most times you can find some of us not shoved up each other's backsides holding RP Classes for those that are beginners, or wanting to brushen up their skills, and we are trying to form a guideline for extended roleplay

LadyShad0wz Greymoon

Reply to Innula Zenovka - view message

and yes that is for the animations in the fangs for bloodlines, at this moment progeny has fangs that work only on other vampires, and I believe there is no request to animate them, you're avatar just animates itself now, but that may change in the future.
Honored Resident
angelus Marville

Reply to Martin Emerald - view message

I'm really shocked to find a vampire bit me using the progeny hud, I think it is an abuse and a violation of my person without my permission is bitten, this should not be allowed in Second Life, you can not force me to to participate in a role play that I'm not interested.

My avatar appears as dead, know this is really disgusting.

There is no solution to this which makes it even more violation of the integrity, the only solution is to form part of the role play and explain as I am not interested in participating.

demanto that my humanity is returned because it was not notified or invited to play the game. attack is treacherous and cunning.

Honored Resident
Neuntoter Davidov

Reply to angelus Marville - view message

Where you avatar appears as dead. No working in SL?

LadyShad0wz Greymoon

Reply to Neuntoter Davidov - view message

falls out of her chair laughing so hard at this. I mean come on really. Now people whine about spamires, now this. Sorry but non players are free for all. I am not going to walk up to someone and politely message them with, "Hello, would you mind if I bit you, You don't have to play, and this really doesn't effect your SL life at all". It's just stupid. Whiners will always whine about something.

Resident
NightShade00

Reply to Perrie Juran - view message

so your saying being bitten by Progeny vampires is wrong with out knowing does real vampires ask first I dont think so . so really this system your judging is not wrong in any way i think its neat and for one they are alot nicer then bloodlines so sorry if you think vampires should ask to bite someoen its not real enough then .good day 

Syo Emerald
Topics: 25

Reply to NightShade00 - view message

NightShade00 wrote:

so your saying being bitten by Progeny vampires is wrong with out knowing does real vampires ask first I dont think so . so really this system your judging is not wrong in any way i think its neat and for one they are alot nicer then bloodlines so sorry if you think vampires should ask to bite someoen its not real enough then .good day 

Real vampires? Vampires don't exist, so they can't any referance to a "real vampires behavior".

But anyway...if you want to see it from this side....shouln't I notice if a bloodsucking monster is trying to bite me? :catsurprised:

On the internet nobody knows you are a dog.
Innula Zenovka

Reply to NightShade00 - view message

NightShade00 wrote:

so your saying being bitten by Progeny vampires is wrong with out knowing does real vampires ask first I dont think so . 

I can honestly say that I have never heard of anyone being bitten by a real vampire under any circumstances, let alone without the victim's permission.

Honored Resident
Nadia Chatterbox

Reply to Innula Zenovka - view message

Stating up front, when Bloodlines was spamming, I declined any/all requests.  As for this other thing, all this "in a vampire movie or book, they don't ask permission" silliness, EVERYONE in that movie/book is playing a role.  The author made them up for that ROLEPLAY, so they are all there for the taking.  Actors are getting paid to be bitten, killed and/or turned.  Whoever made this new thingy, didn't make the rest of us up from their imagination.  So, um..  no we shouldn't all be available.   Get a sim(s) where people come who choose to play your little game.

With that said, I don't much care if I get bit as long as you aren't bothering ME with it.  If for some "unknown" reason, I start getting stalked by a bunch of Progeny vampires tping to whereever I'm at with some silliness about "You've been bit and we can follow you because we know where you are" I'm going to start ARing.  If I find out I've been bit, I'll just roll my eyes...  but if you continue with some silly game, you'll be talking to yourself because you'll be muted.  I don't RP with children either.  Just not my thing.   I don't see it as any different than someone in an "insect" avatar and my friend and I in IMs saying "I hate bugs, I'm going to step on that f'er, boom, just crunched it with my heel, or shot it with my gun."  The bug has no idea that we've killed it in ims because we're still talking to it.

So, unlike books and movies, I didn't come from someone's imagination nor am I being paid money to be included.  I'm not in SL for it.  I might dress like a vampire, mummy, etc.. but I'm not RPing one.  I just like playing dressup and that's as far as I want it to go.

And, yeah.. person who threw out "real vampires" um..  you do know this is all playplay right?

Honored Resident
Krystara

Reply to Martin Emerald - view message

Any system that brings a player into the mechanics without any permission or attempt to request permission is annoying.  But the underlying fact that the system requires players to do it is more relevant. 

Any vampire system is, at its best an RP fantasy.  Any 'biting' done should be done with people interested in RPing it out.  Any silent use of other non-RPing players is a failure of the system.  There is literally no difference between having a 'feed on unnamed human' button than a 'feed on that guy over there who isnt involved in my RP'.  Why would the creator of the system use the latter instead of the former?  All it does is annoy some people when they find out about it and create negative threads like this one.

Even if the lack of spammy popups is an improvement over bloodlines, the basic premis is still flawed.

And you know, to add to all the 'realistic vampire' amusement, the only 'realistic' aspect of SL is that nothing is real.  Is it realistic that your 'realistic' vampire can suck blood from an AV that is playing a robot?  or an elemental, or any of a myriad other things that make no sense?  Any attempt to try to apply realism to any aspect of this just ends up sounding silly.