Topics: 34

Do vampires ever create alts to feed upon?

Since a large part of the Bloodlines and Hunger games seem ( to an outsider such as myself ) to be about the collection of blood points and souls, do young vampires sometimes create their own alts to bite and feed upon? Wouldn't this would be much cheaper in terms of time and money than buying coffins and such that renew one's vampiric health? Perhaps it wouldn't be promoting good role-playing, but it at least such vampires wouldn't be bothering newbies with bite requests?

Welcome to SL! - We have the tastiest cookies.
Honored Resident
MarkusChristopher Llewellyn

Re: Do vampires ever create alts to feed upon?

Reply to Persephone Emerald - view message

I would imagine you could create them LOL....

we thirst 

Honor can never be underrated.
Helper
Storm Clarence

If they were all Premium members LL would be rich beyond their wildest dreams.  Unfortunately, imho, few Vampires turn a profit.  Good for user base, but zero substance. 

Honored Resident
Thus Yootz

LOL quite a thorny topic .... heheh

Well, since we are greedy - and not for blood - many in the vampire game create alts. And not some - tons and tons of them. Not for blood mainly, but for the soul count.  Not 5 or 6, not 10, but hundreds.  There are people with thousands. Everyone knows - there are more alts overall than real players.

Personally, I don't play for rank.  I play for the fun of it.  As much as people can be drama, troubles, fights, lunacy, etc, they are FUN.  There is no fun in being lonely and have no friends, no people around you - just your alts, who will not wish you on your birthday, who will not joke with you, who will not fool around with you, who will not even talk - ever. 

In practice, as a vampire (and accordingly a lycan - just multiply numbers by 10) loses .25 l every night.  A bite (the first one) gives .5l, this means a bite from a fresh, new 'victim' will last only 2 days.  An alt can supply you with 5 liters, which will keep you undead for 20 days only.  This will drain alts completely and they will be useless revenants.

This means you have to make about 19 alts a year to feed on them.  Some 57 alts in my 3 years in the game ...But alts need to be hudded - at 599 linden per hud too - so it is not free either.

To me, like it or not, the vampire game requires vampires to have the lindens to pay for stuff -  primarily, to pay for their blood - sold by the creators of the game. (Lymens for lycans and both lumens and blood for hybrids)

Or, buy the forever protection amulet and make sure you will never be destroyed (unless you drain yourself). A great alternative also, is to bite a human in the family (sorry, I hate the term 'blood doll', a term I have not found mentioned in the BL game guide either).  To me, human comminication is the main pleasure I get from the game, both in having real people and not a thousand alts instead, as well as biting those humans who like it - a bite being an additional way to communicate and share.  A human will feed me with his/her human blood and i will feed them back with apples, a symbolic way of keeping each other 'alive'.  There MANY decent alternatives by the creators of the game that allow a vampire to exist without abusing others.

Alts (and i do not mean an occasional personal alt that one may use as well) are DEAD - and not on the symbolic level, not in the legend. They have never been and never will be 'alive', real.

Topics: 34

Reply to Thus Yootz - view message

" There is no fun in being lonely and have no friends, no people around you - just your alts, who will not wish you on your birthday, who will not joke with you, who will not fool around with you, who will not even talk - ever. "

Couldn't such loneliness feed your mental state for being a lonely immortal, though?

On the other hand, I often talk with & sometimes even visit with my favorite alt Alycia. I like to play her in character as an emotionally traumtized & disturbed young woman who has only ever lived in Second Life. Since I'm not very social in SL myself, I occationally amuse myself by sending IMs between Persephone & Alycia when I have them exchange items, LMs or lindens. When I'm hitting MM boards I also occationally TP in one of my alts (running both on the same laptop) so I can get more hits on the board & my alts can get freebies that might suit them.

Welcome to SL! - We have the tastiest cookies.
Honored Resident
Thus Yootz

You are talking about a totally different situation, a personal alt that expresses the fun of another version of you, or an experimental situation.  My argument is about and against the creation (or, more often, purchase) of hundreds and perhaps thousands of alts in order to gain 'rank' and walk proudly as a big vampire soulkeeper.

In most cases these alts are just souls held - the soulholder doesn't have the passwords. They were made by someone and then bought as hudded bloodlines souls - only.  Even if made by the soulholder, they are just numbers ...