You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
New Resident
Wolf Evermore

Transfering Money from Second Life to Paypal

Been on my mind for a while, how long does it roughly take LL to send money to a paypal account?

New Resident
Wolf Evermore

Re: Transfering Money from Second Life to Paypal

Reply to Wolf Evermore - view message

Ah ok I've been looking around and people say about less/more than a week, thank you

Ceera Murakami
Topics: 9
Solutions: 124

Using Lindex and the standard LL channels, 3 to 10 working days to go from L$  to USD Balance to PayPal..

They say 3 to 5, but sometimes it's worse.

The old XStreet Exchange still works, through the end of this month:
https://www.xstreetsl.com/?name=Currency

It can do a PayPal payout in a minute or less.

Romaq Rosher

The question in my mind is why Lindens were ever used at all, rather than funnelling money through PayPal in the first place. Though I suppose identity may be an issue, as well as some skimming money off in transaction fees.

Still and all, I have to wonder at what point other grids would set up their currency through PayPal and have the TPV clients with a 'PayPal Balance' meter in place of the L$ meter. Some form of secure, stable currency recognized across all grids would go a long way. Security is an issue, but no more an issue than if I put a PayPal 'donate' button on my web page, I would think. Has anyone else taken a good look at that?