missing required level of details

ArtemisGreece

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I tried to make a female model and import it to sl. I'm new in that and i find it interesting.

So I made my model using the Makehuman program then i imported it to blender, put some material to that even a veil to her face and exported it to sl using collada. I took a female body which was oversized and the shadows of the veil were transparent.

I read about that to fix it and after all the changes I made in blender (I scaled the body from the scene menu and remove the transparent shadows from material menu) I tried to export it back.

But when i tried to upload it again to sl I got the message "missing required level of detail" and even the file finally uploads and the message from "missing required level of detail" changes to "ship it" I see on the screan on the right that I have missing parts of the female body..such as legs, arms..etc.  and of course the upload can't be complete.

Any changes I have tried since end up to the same result even if my blender image when rendered looks perfect..

I include the pic that I get from sl If anyone can help me. Thanks!

SL.png

330664 Triangles, 391423 Verts! That could be a few too many .........perhaps.:matte-motes-smitten:

Try to bring the triangle/vertex count down to a more reasonable number. As an example, the SL avatar base mesh is about 7200 triangles. I'm not saying you should make your statue this low (would be great if you could though), but keep it in a more reasonable range below 20k. The lower the better.

Check out this chart to get an idea whats wrong with your mesh to begin with.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Technical_Overview

Its definately the face count here.

Around 24000 faces ( afew more ) the assigned Material slot will overflow for SL

Means the uploader will assign 1 additional material slot to the uploaded modell.

Now the kicker .. if in one LOD the face margin drops below the treshhold for this ( and i assume here that Sl has assigned more then 2 Material slots dur to the high face count ) it will drop one of those material slots again.

BUT then the uploade will recognize this as a missing material :/

Dain and Drongle thank you so much for your answers! I think i got an idea on why i'm loosing parts of the body... 

I will make it all over again working with only one material and try to upload it to see..

What i understood by your answers is that i have to do a LOT of reading! So many parameters to take care and calculate..

Thank you all!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.