mesh avatar bodies and creating custom fit clothing

knotmaster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok I have ran into a sort of delima, i purchased a tellaq mesh avatar and the shape of the body is a bit different then most mesh clothes are made.  I talked to wiz daxter and I thought I understood that his import tool with copy the deminsions of my mesh body so that I could make the clothes  to fit that body , but I am not finding any option to recreate a model of the mesh body i am wearing.   does anyone have any ideas about how I would be able to import hat body shape into blender?

I asked wiz daxter and his reply was sorry I am not a developer you have to ask the forum.  seems like if he built the plugin like it says on mp that he would know what it does lol  anyway i am hoping one of you people can help me out with this  I am seriously feeling like I spent 3000L on a plugin that is totally useless to me , and I asked him before I bought it about the mesh body and being able to recreate a model in blender he said it would work , so it kind of pisses me off

anyway any help any of you can give me i would really appreciate it

thanks KNOT

Standard avatars are mesh too.  The importer you bought is for importing a standard avatar mesh to a 3d program not a mesh avatar that is worn over the standard avatar. 

The only way to import your Tellaq avatar to a 3d program is to get the .obj or .dae file.  The Tellaq creator says in the description of his Colossus Mesh Shape with UV maps, which is used for making texture clothing

"Please do not ask for .DAE or .OBJ file because it's not possible to give anyone at this point"

I am afraid you are out of luck.

I get asked to make custom changes to fit this or that mesh avatar or body part. People say "but it's fitted mesh, I can send you my shape" without understanding that the shape only influences the end result and NOT include all the bumps and differences.

Mesh replacement avatars (and other mesh replacement bits) are a pain in the ass.

If i understand right your aim is to make fitted Mesh clothes for a Mesh Avatar and for your personal SL Shape. Of course the best option would be to get a dummy mesh from the creator and then use that dummy as reference model in your 3D modelling program.

The second best option (imho) is to make a low poly model of the original and use that. Normally this can be done rather quickly by making 2 images (from the front and from the side), then use box modelling to get a rough approximation of your model.

It might depend how much of the original avatar's details your mesh clothes need to reflect. Maybe you only need to recreate your original model partially. Maybe you could even use the SL Avatar itself, modify its meshes a bit in your 3D tool so that they look similar to the mesh avatar of your choice and get away with that.

Actually I believe that you could get something created within a couple of hours from where you can start fitting your clothes reasonably well to the Rest pose of your Avatar. But then there is still the problem of weighting. Because you do not know which weights the original uses. And honestly its a pity that creators of mesh avatars do not include mesh dummies for creating custom clothes :(

However you can(!) export a mesh so that it fits perfectly to a GIVEN shape even when the weights differ from the original avatar. This can be done by calculating the bind pose matrices of the bones to match the anticipated shape. But this is way over what could be explained in a forum post. It took me some time to figure out how it needs to be done but it works pretty well now :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

But even that would not give a full guarantee that the fitted meshes also work nicely with your animations. Well.. Mesh is not easy yet, but we work on that :matte-motes-evil-invert:

yeah I figured that out it kind of pisses me off because i was specific when I asked wiz about the mesh body he said oh yeah sure this will work,  I kind of feel like I got mislead into spending $3000L on something that was not ever going to work.

I can already build clothes for the standard mesh shapes  but the TELLAQ is hige and shows different muscliture then the standard mesh shapes

well i guess i would have to show anyone interested  what I am talking about with the avatar body its mostly in the shoulder area , clothes sink into the shoulders and make the neck look really funky   so the part of the clothes that would go over the shoulders needs to be modified big time to lay right and look correct on the mesh body

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.