making clothes in maya

jagjit777

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi i want to create clothes for sl using maya ! can u tell me the entire process in detail !

like how can i start with, where can i get base mesh, what texture size will work, information regarding rigging , exporting etc!

i want complete detailed information. i know maya very well

i would b thankful if someone can guide me through this process !

The first place I would start is here https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Standard-Sizing-Package-Updated-Male-Female/2894727 that item gives you links to mesh files that you can work on in maya, the shapes of the avatars are sized in a way that will help with fit etc, you can also add to the sizing options yourself. Texture sizing will depend on what you are making and what kind of level of detail you want to give what components, there are tutorials for basic mesh development on YouTube, search Second Life Mesh and that may be helpful to you. 

If you know Maya very well, then the rest will be easy for you, good luck :) 

Hello again , Jagjit.  As I told you when we spoke in world, you need to model the clothing, bind it to the skeleton, paint your weighting, export it as a .dae, then import it into Second Life.

You're going to be very hard pressed to find anyone who is going to sit and walk you through modeling the clothing, but if you are well versed in Maya, you shouldn't need anyone to do that.

You've seen my tutorial on rigging and weight painting, which also covers exporting and uploading, so I'm unsure what other information you would need to know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.