how to reduce a dae file size ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

DAE size depends on the complexity of the mesh.

The best method of course is to make your mesh as simple as possible.

In theory (I have never done this) you can use the DECIMATE modifier to simplify the mesh within BLENDER (I am going to guess there is something like this in other 3D programs).

If you are concerned about UPLOADING rather than file size, the uploader can simplify but it will likely not upload optimally.

If you are looking at a way to change a big file into a small file just for saving space on your drive, you "might" be able to zip. I have no idea if that would help.  I have TONS of space on mine.

And, just in case you have some dense mesh that you downloaded from online and want to upload here -- know that is against the terms of service.

Chic Aeon wrote:

In theory (I have never done this) you can use the DECIMATE modifier to simplify the mesh within BLENDER (I am going to guess there is something like this in other 3D programs).

If you are concerned about UPLOADING rather than file size, the uploader can simplify but it will likely not upload optimally.

Isn't the simplifying in the uploader LL's version of decimate (which is a pretty stupid term btw)? It's not a modifier I'd ever use without some serious editing afterwards. I usually don't use "optimize" as it's called in 3ds max, it's a lot more rewarding, logical and easy to build your model as simple as possible from the ground up (don't use 32 sides on both a 1 millimeter and 10 meter cylinder for example). Not to mention you will keep a clean topology, something none of these modifiers seem to be capable of.

hello

I use maya for modelling and i don't know if his option exist (DECIMATE modifier) .. in maya you can reduce a number of triangles but it did not help me a lot

are you meaning by  (the uploader can simplify) ..the level of details ? if that  yes it not upload optimally.

thank you honey your reply was helpful .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.