growing lands impact

Urzul

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

it a plante...more it big more it take space(lands impact)....it a jocke or what.

pls explain to me.

i see structure big as house and they use 3 prim ,i am lost need some help to understand.

sorry kind of weird for me.

upload at 0.250 use 2.34/upload at 1.000 use 7.54

The LI of mesh objects increases when you increase the size of the object.

There are a lot of reasons why a house can be only 3 LI. It could be a very simple design with good quality LOD models and a well made physics form. The same house with LOD and physics calculated by the uploader instead of being handmodelled could make it go up into the hundreds of LI. For example I uploaded a small space module I made this week. When autocalculating the LOD and physics it was 236 LI. After uploading it with a modelled physics shape and tweaking the LOD a little it was down to 16 LI, a huge difference.

It also makes a big difference to what type you set the physics shape of an object (none, convex hull or prim). Prim usually increases LI a lot but may be needed to get the correct physics shape (e.g. an object with a hole in it you need to be able to walk through).

"upload at 0.250 use 2.34/upload at 1.000 use 7.54"

In case you like horrible complicated answers...

This is expected when the parameter determining the LI is the "download weight". That depends in a complex way on the complexity of the main and the lower LOD meashes, and on size. It always imcreases with size unless the same mesh is used at all LODs. The reason is that the higher detail mesh is visible from longer distances as it gets bigger, and that means more data gets downloaded and the graphics processor has to do more work.

If the physics weight is higher than the download weight, then that will set the LI instead. The effect of size then depends on the kind of physics shape. If it is type Convex hull, it should not vary with size. If it's type Prim, then if it is "Analyze"d (hull based), it should not change with size, but if it isn't "Analyze"d (triangle-based), it will decrease as size increases. Sometimes it will switch between being set by  download weight and by physics weight as the size changes!

Simple isn't it? :matte-motes-agape:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.