building over sized mesh clothes

knotmaster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought one of the new mesh TELLAQ avatars it has a mesh body attatched to a mesh shape and skin , there isnt any clothes available for it as it is for the most part anotomically corect in is muscle structure, I have come up with some mesh shirt obj files and have scaled them so that they should fit the mesh body but when I place them over the standard linden labs mesh  skeleton and shape they dwarf it.  I am lost as to how to rig something that is so much bigger then the standard sizes, do i scale it so that it fits the standard avatar and then scale it up? or do i need it scaled correctly before I righ it? also another thing is that my mesh shirts are not built so that the arms are straight out the sides like sl puts your avatar in the edit mode so do I just pose the shape and skeleton to match my mesh shirt and then rig them or will that throw it all off?

I have been searching yourtube and the net for like 2 weeks now with no answers to be found hopefully somone here can help me out

thanks in advance for your time and any help you can give me

Looking at the ads on MP, the TELLAQ line seems to be the so called "fitted mesh", that lets the shape of the mesh avartar vary with the SL sliders.

I have several such I have been playing with, and thinking about just this problem.  It looks to me like a hard one to generalise, because each of the avi's I have seen are fitted to the bones differently, the meshes all deform a bit differently when you animate them.  For example, some can wear a prim necklace pretty much like a regular avatar, some have the mesh avi swollow the necklace if the head turns left or right.  I have some nice fitted mesh thigh high boots, work fine in SL for just about any slider values.  They do not work with any of my fitted mesh avatars. 

It looks like making something that both fits and can be animated is going to be a difficult, hit-or-miss process with a lot of trial and error on the beta grid.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.