Weight paint problem in Maya, Weight keeps coming back

xMoussax

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I'm having a problem with Maya, i'm new to creating for Second Life but i do already have skills from other stuff i did in the past. Just never with Maya.

So here is the problem, in order to not have my Chest pop out in a Top mesh I made i need to get rid of ALL the weights on the collar bones. But whenever I delete a weight and click another bone the weight just comes back.

I've checked my settings and everything seems to be fine, i've been searching for an answer for 2 days now, but nothing...

Please Help ♥ 

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming that from outliner (windows-outliner) you're selecting the right mesh to paint onto,maybe it might be a matter of brush settings that you're using.

Stated that a vertex can have as weight 0 or 1 or a percentage in between  then  if your iussue is to just delete weights fromcertain vertices yo could also use the component editor ( windows - component editor).

If you click another bone for istance and you still see weight in that area it might be due to the fact that those vertices are receiving weights from different bones.

To make a test and see how many bones are actually giving influence to those vertices in the area you want to modify, select those vertices then go to component editor and see how many bones are influencing those vertices and what influence each bone has.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.