Want advise About Model upload setting and model shape .

Darkness Neiro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

sorry i not good english

Hello.

I want created and upload model in to Second Life for sell in marketplace. (I use sketchup.)

But i don't know this model building want edit more to model upload or not?

And don't know this model shape style have problem or not.

Please someone help and advise me.

If someone confused this what i want.

I want you tell me.

-(Topic.model style.)

-What good setting to upload. ( This style use high detail/physics  , add/remove this choice in options , etc   )

-This model building style have problem when upload in Second Life or not? ( This style is use to much prims  ,  This style can't display complete , etc )

I created 3 style model.

1.Liquid shape . *or other call neuron system shape

Example

zaha hadid works

dezeen_Une-Architecture-Mobile-Art-Paris-by-Zaha-Hadid-Top1.jpg

zaha-hadid-vitra.jpg

liquids.jpg

2.Curved shape. curved / twist model make can see through site.
Example

thematic-pavilion-yeosu-2012-Soma-architecture-10.jpg

3.Structure shape.
Example

dzn_southpondpavilion09.jpg

Pretty much any of the shapes and forms shown on the images have the tendency to be the most problematic, regarding land impact, performance, creation of level of detail models, and physics shapes.

Their visual appeal relies alot on the smoothness of the curves and flow of the shapes, which makes it difficult to keep them lowpoly.

You have to try and test in-world which physics mesh type would work best under physics shape type Prim, for the architectural structures. If a triangle based physics shape (not Analyzed), or a decomoposed physics shape (Analyzed) would work best.

Best settings for the detail would be to create all level of detail meshes on your own, and not letting the uploader do the job.

Depending on the modularity, and the size of the meshes, you would need more or less level of detail models. For large meshes you can get away with less models, because lower LODs won't give much, if any reduction in land impact. The over all land impact might be higher for large pieces, than broken down into modular smaller pieces. Though, modularity seems to be a problem also for most of the shown shapes anyway.

Last but not least, I wouldn't recommend to use Sketchup. It is known to be problematic to produce game ready meshes, because it tends to export messy geometry.

Thanks for reply.

... Look to bad (or very bad) for me. Because now i learn only sketchup.

I choose sketchup beacause look easy to learn and use to created model.

This first time to know. sketchup is bad to second life. :matte-motes-crying:

But i can't back this time. Now i want money. *first to buy other program.

(What good program to make building please tell to me. )

Have someone can advise tactic to make and export model by sketchup for me?

*smooth edges can help?

Smooth edges is the way to go with such shapes, no matter what.. But these shapes would require still a certain amount of geometry, to maintain the desired slick look and feel of them. But you will have to try and see, before you know for sure what works and what not.

If you don't want to spend money on software, the usual recommendation is to use Blender. It's free, and it's powerfull. And you get a lot of support from other Residents, because a lot of SLers are using it.

Some people may still use Sketchup as well. But they usually import the models into Blender, and clean them up and exporting them from Blender to upload into SL.

I can't give any good advice of this specific workflow though, as I don't use either, Blender nor Sketchup myself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.