Viewer Crashing

CReHaney

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not exactly sure where to post this !

I'm having trouble uploading a Model with bones and ever time i get the Model up to upload the viewer

will crash and close out completely, not sure whats going on or how to fix this.

I'm trying to upload a Model Avatar I made thru Makehuman, with Bones and i save it dae for SL-JSon,

and i tried even the SL non JSon. but the Viewer stil crashes out all the way.

Any idea at all whats going on here ?

• 4 weeks later...

This happened to me last month then they updated something and it was fixed and now with the latest updated viewer Im having a crash again every single time I tried to upload a texture. I dont think its the SL viewer though as I tried to upload using firestorm as an alternative and it crashes as well. Getting to be very irritating and oddly always seems to be on a sunday evening (PST). I mean if they are gonna do stuff server side that knocks out or restricts uploads it would be great to get a heads up so I can plan my work.

Last time this problem lasted days for some folks, about 24 hours for me. And never got a word from SL about it even though at the time I had a premium acct and reported it.

Its not a mesh issue. I think its an upload anything issue. in my case both times this has happened its been a simple texture I was trying to upload. though last time it happened to me people in the UK were reporting the same thing in addition to a few other countries. Oddly that entire thread seems to be missing.

I am having a similar crash issue with both the latest SL Viewer and Firestorm.

I had bought a mesh bed.   When I tried to rez it the rez was extremely slow.  So slow I thought it didn't work so I tried again.   Now I have two beds pretty close to being inside each other.

When I tried to right-click on one of the beds to delete it both viewers did an instant crash.   Left click works and brings up the beds menu, but the very second I right click on it  my viewer dies.

Any suggestions on getting rid of this issue would be appreciated.   I can't even move the bed(s) to a more appropriate location.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.