Upload UI

Marcthur Goosson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is  new design of the upload UI in the mesh project viewer.

I  want to reflect my thoughts about that:

- the UI is very very big, it fills up almost half the screen. I so like the compact UI of public viewer.

- there are too many mouseclicks to be done and a long way from topleft to bottomright

- all the options and buttons are visible in the UI, some of them less used would be better in a pulldown

- PE is gone and is now called Land Impact (who will rewrite my manuals)

- why do I have to choose "This model represents"? What is the functionality

- in my line of work the defaults are always From File,  maybe a general chechbox to activate that for all tabs

- if the UI has to be THIS big than give the preview more space and place all the buttons closer to eachother, I see a lot of useless space

- a tooltip would be convenient to show the filenamepath when hovering over the filename

Any more thoughts or ideas?

Marcthur

Upload UI.jpg

I don't have a problem with the size of the UI. But, I would like them to improve the preview window. 

- Add a real preview for joint offsets along with an example ground plane

- Give the user the option of testing skin weights in the preview window with an animation in their inventory

It took me a long time and many uploads since I noticed the "This model represents" label at all. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2: At that time the default answer was set to "Avatar mesh" or something like that. So I uploaded a lot of avatar meshes which infact none was an avatar mesh :matte-motes-zipped:. Since today, I forget to choose a category when uploading a mesh in 99 % of the uploads. 

I just don't see it is there, because I'm so in action clicking so many buttons, dropdowns, tabs, that every unnecessary click will be avoided, for sure. So I think, as long as "This model represents" isn't a required setting to be able to complete the upload, it will be pretty meaningless in the big picture anyway. I think I'm not the only one who is ignoring this, unintended, or not.

Reducing the number of clicks would be appreciated. Like when I click on "From File", the dialog should be opened directly. Clicking the Browse button every time as well is pretty annoying.

Or a checkbox, as you suggested, to set a default method would be great.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.