Tutorial - Blazer

Spinell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone. Thank you fr all the wonderful help you've been giving me with my questions.

Today I'm asking you something a little lighter. I'm looking for a tutorial of sorts on how to build a blazer-type jacket or a business suit. I've seen that business suits are also kinda popular mesh items in the marketplace, so I thought finding some instructions to build a basic one would be easy, but I haven't been able to find anything.

I suspect I'm looking in the wrong place or something.

If there's no such tutorial to speak of, could you perhaps give me some suggestions on how start building this? Whats getting me rather confused is how to make the shoulders and how to make a preatty V neckline on the front.

As curisoity, I'll explain what it's for: I do gothic victorian clothing, so I want to build a basic blazer shape that I can then fit to make a tight woman's jacket that will combine with a flexi skirt. ;)

Well it would help if we knew what program you intend to use to create the clothing. But incase you intend to use Blender try some of these listed here http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Blender                         Specifically try this site http://blog.machinimatrix.org/. Once again these are for blender and do not address a suit coat specifically but I am sure you could adapt the techniques shown

I'm sorry, sometimes I forget to mention the program in my posts: I'm using blender 2.63

I've seen some of machinimatrix and was thinking of using the skinwrap technique, but like I said, not sure how I would make the shoulder cut or the front. So ideas are welcome!

By the way, your link doesn't work for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.