Taking off my custom made mesh avatar makes me a monster. Kinda sorta.

Darsh Lucero

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone :matte-motes-big-grin:

it's been a bazillion years since last time i posted here... uhm. Anyhow i've got a question about rigged mesh, one that's probably been asked a thousand times as well but i can't find a matching issue (all i seem to find are problems related to the new mesh deformer/liquid/weighted mesh).

I created in Blender 2.69 a custom avatar, rigged with the bones, weighted correctly, uploaded fine and wears fantastic.
 The problems happen when i take it off to go back to the normal SL based shape. With a 50% chance, instead of looking human like my usual shape does, my limbs look super stretched like an ent or something, or super compressed dwarf like
. No underforming method seems towork, only relogging seems to fix this.

Now you should know that for my custom rigged mesh is moved a little the bones positions... being a dwarf gollum-like creature.

Any poor soul did incur in similar issues and found a reliable solution to this?
Thank you!

I am not sure if this goes along with your issue but there has been a LONG TIME issue with this. Once you reassign (or whatever) your avatar frame (I am just guessing - don't do this) you ALWAYS need to change into your normal shape and THEN RELOG to get it back.

This happened with COCO's dolls as well as tiny shapes. Nowadays I understand that some folks have worked around this but seems like yours has not :D.

So not a really big deal. Just the "norm" for better or works. worse.

You apparently found the answer is relogging. As far as I know that is it :D.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the reassuring :)

Last night i tried to reproduce the glitch to take screenshots in beta... no way jose :matte-motes-impatient:

And yes, there has been a joint position reassignment in the mesh frame. So i guess i'll stick with relogging. I saw that happen with other vendors AVs, while with others not. I was just wary of putting blatantly broken content for sale, but if there's not much i can do about it then I'll just roll with it. Thank you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.