Something wrong with mesh upload in betagrid

Astrid Kaufmat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

I am having some odd experiences when I test meshes lately in betagrid I will tell you what happens.

First of all before I go on I tell you I made a model and it works perfectly in maingrid, the rig the model the structure and all.

I am using only Secondlife viewer 3 and secondlife viewer 3 beta hence i realized that those are theones that work at best for mesh uploading.

Here comes what I saw in betagrid.

I realized that when I try the same  model in betagrid there are iussues. The viewer takes forever to complete the last step to upload it.

After several tries I managed to get it in betagrid too (guess why it failed before)

But here comes the fancy thing. When you have uploaded the mesh in betagrid if you log off and then login there again, the mesh is no more stored as before in your object folder but if you look for it what you find is just a link that says" broken link " or something like that.

Question have you experienced this iussue too?

I was just using betagrid to upload some models, and saw nothing out of the ordinary.  

In particular, models I uploaded last night are still in my folder.  And I just logged back in, modles that I uploaded this morning are in my folder, just where I left them.

So, no, I have not experienced these issues

Agreed. I was there in the early morning hours when the main grid was down and all was working fine and my older items were there. No problems at all. It might just be a temporary thing. It also might help changing your location in the beta grid.

I use Firestorm 4.2.

I doubt it is the 'upload' as much as it is inventory problems.

For some time there has been a Beta Grid Inventory Problem. It was fixed and now seems to be a random occurance. The problem tends to appear after changing your password. Once changed, the inventory can go wacko. You will have trouble rezzing things recently added to your main grid inventory just before the password change. Also, things tend to disappear from inventory between logins.

You can get more information here: #SL ADITI Fixed. I suggest you try changing your password. Wait 48 hours before trying to login into the Beta Grid. You can try at 24+, but my experience was 48+ worked better. Others have had different experinces. 

The problem was being discussed in SVC-7727. You can read through it to see some of the other experinces. 

If you don't hit 'the fix' in 3 or four tries, file a JIRA and refer to 7727.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.