Rigging Multiple Meshes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm working on a mesh that I want to be in several different parts. A body divided into head, arms, legs, torso. 

I'm using blender + avastar to rig. When I upload them and wear them, there are huge gaps between the different groups. I've tried uploading them all together and separate, tried the weld options in the collada exporter(was just a guess) and making sure that the weights are the same around the seams. All with no luck.

Is there something specific I have to do to rig all 4 meshes without having huge gaps?

It should "just work" if your weights are exactly the same for each 2 adjacent vertices along the part seams. With Avastar-1.2 you can use the weight copy tools to ensure this:

• Select one part (an arm for example) and go to EDIT mode
  • Select only the verts along the seam to the adjacent part (for example the body)
  • In the Tool Shelf search Avastar's weight Copy tools panel and there call "Copy from Rigged"

This ensures that only the seams are made equal for both parts.

Note: The Blender Weight copy tools can do something similar, so you can do partial weight copy also without Avastar. And in Blender 2.72 all blender's own weight copy tools are available also in edit mode.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.