Rigged mesh with weird very flying off to nowhere.

Aoi Foxtrot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys, first time posting ot the forum. I've recently started to relearn how to rig mesh and work in blender (done it before....took a break from it to play around in sculptris), and Im having an issue I dont know how ot solve. I made an arm for a furry avatar and the first time I rigged it, it was fine...just had to fix a few weight issues. Done that, and now in world it has a piece just shooting off screen. I remember a while back this issue was a viewer issue when you seen it....but how do you fix it on a rigged Item? 

Heres a Picture of what Im talking about: http://gyazo.com/c20cca23129e7dd606eb55b5f1f10b65

Alright I'll give that a try, tho I find it odd that it would pop up like that after its been weighted.

and it HAS been weighted, I've even moved the arm around every which way on the skeleton and theres nothing out of place

EDIT: Other people are seeing the problem as well

EDIT AGAIN: updated my graphics card driver like suggested...the problem is still there and now everything is purple -_-

There may be nothing wrong with your rigging or computer.  There is a known bug that pops up from time to time that was created when Fitted Mesh was released.

Switch "Advanced Lighting Mode" on in your viewers graphics preferences.

If the problem is fixed then it is the viewer bug.

Make sure your viewer is the latest version available.

If your viewer is up to date try logging in with a different one.

This particular bug mainly affects ATI graphics cards and can affect not only Fitted Mesh but regular mesh as well.

Hope that helps. :)
Cathy

Aoi Foxtrot wrote:

EDIT: Other people are seeing the problem as well

This tells me it's not a graphics card issue, but it definitely sounds like one. The last time I saw what you are seeing, I threw out my graphic card for a new 1 and everything was fine. It might be worth telling us what card it is, because I found out that my last card was part of a series of cards that all had graphics issues for many games across many platforms. It was an Nvidia GT 465, if I remember correctly.

Like I said tho, the fact that others can see the same problem says it's not your card. I'd double check that others can see it. Have them take a picture and give that to you. Also, if it is a graphics card issue, then it doesn't make sense that this anomally would only happen on your avatar. You should see issues with other things as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.