Quadruped avatar blender help

haress15

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all!

First of all im new in rigging and in sl too, and i have a "little" problem when i want to upload the mesh.

settings/rigged horse :)

So in blender it's look good.

But in sl :matte-motes-crying:

Sl Preview

I tried to re rig xy times but nothing.

And if i reimport the dae to blender i get this image :D

Re-Imported

So anyone can help me with this ?:D

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ps:.Sorry for my bad english:matte-motes-silly:

you have edited the armature. Thus the default stand pose will result in crossed front legs as you see in the viewer. You HAVE to also create your own poses and animations and you need to use an SL Animation overrider in order to fix this. This detail is actually missing in the horse video tutorial. We only show how to make a custom pose and never mentioned the legs crossing thing.

Regarding the re import to Blender: Blender's animation system is based on Bones, while the standard animation system supoported by Collada is based on Joints. This gives issues with the leaf bones (wrists and toes). This could in principle be solved by supporting blender's collada extension. But since a re import of a dae file results in many more issues (due to the lack of blender's collada importer to impor all collada files equally well) we never thought of supporting that at all.

So what you will do:

1.) Ignore the crossing legs and import

2.) Create a stand pose (1 frame animation) for your horse and import that.

As soon as you run the custom stand, your horse will put its legs on ground as desired.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.