Niko Kozower
Topics: 8
0 Kudos

Phoenix and/or Firestorm?

So when will Phoenix Viewer and/or Firestorm Viewer get Mesh support for Second Life? Have LL even released the code yet for mesh or are they not going to do that and just for everyone to use Viewer 3? Sorry if this question has been asked already.

NKCorp
Harfische-Graven Defense Systems
Luxemport Motors and Luxuries
Marielle Caerndow
0 Kudos

Re: Phoenix and/or Firestorm?

Reply to Niko Kozower - view message

The viewer's code is/was available during the past months - of course most third party developers decided to wait until the 'final' mesh-code is ready.

Anyway -  since mesh-attachments will very often require an alpha layer, I really hope (some) TPVs get finally the option for multiple alphas. This code is around for a year, but still not all viewer have multi-alphas.

At all, I think nearly all TPVs will implement mesh sooner or later. Chat-only-viewers maybe not :-).

Honored Resident
Cathbodva Clarity
0 Kudos

It will be  ready when its ready. The developpers are working their ass off to make it work and to get it right, i prefer to wait than to have a viewer full of bugs

Honored Resident
Zamboi Bracken
0 Kudos

Reply to Cathbodva Clarity - view message

Kirsten's viewer is currently the only TPV that supports mesh. It has been more stable than the LL viewer from my side. You can get it here: http://www.kirstensviewer.com/

Im sure the other TPVs will make the jump.

Kris Messmer
Topics: 8
Kudos: 0
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Building without the phoenix feature set is near impossible :smileysad: I hope they hurry.

Adam Spark
0 Kudos

According to the devs, Phoenix will not. Phoenix development will be ending at some point in the not too distant future.

Firestorm, however, will support Mesh soon.

Helium Loon
Topics: 4
0 Kudos

Reply to Adam Spark - view message

Well, according to the postings at Phoenix's own website, they are still commited to maintaining and releasing updates to the phoenix viewer.  If the other v1 style TPVs integrate mesh (and publish the patch diffs, hopefully), then integrating it into Phoenix will be simple enough they would be foolish not to......and I suspect they will integrate such patches once they are available.

Firestorm, since it is based off the SnowStorm code, will include mesh as soon as the Phoenix/Firestorm team gets caught up on the SnowStorm merges.  Since they're still on 2.6, this may be a month or three......

Honored Resident
Sione Lomu
0 Kudos

Or today if you can compile it yourself.

Firestorm has just merged with v3. No idea when it will be released though.