Meshes doubled on upload?

Darren Scorpio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello folks, another nooby question here. I'm running into this problem since the last few days where rigged meshes are doubled on upload as you can see from the screenshot below. On the blend file itself that second shirt above the other one does not exist. I'm completely clueless as to what could be going wrong. Any ideas?

Mesh gone wrong.png

Well, I'd check the scene again in Blender, as I can't see where the uploader just magically makes a 2nd mesh. Check the scene window where the items in the scene are stacked up in a tree format. Before you export it in Blender, check the polygon count, or vertex count and make sure it is right. That should show you if you have another mesh attached.

Make sure that you don't have that second shirt on a different LAYER . It is certainly easy to move a copy out of the way while working on a section and forget you have done that. I have certainly had that issue many times. It looks like you may have a scaled version and an unscaled version?  I don't do clothes so can't speak to specifics.

If you are on the beta grid go ahead an upload and see if you actually get that. I am guessing you will. The upload sometimes acts a little crazy but I have never seen it just plop extra stuff down, so I am guessing it is there SOMEWHERE. You could also have hidden one of the shirts by accident so check the items in your scene and make sure you didn't click one off and then forget.

I am over at anothe grid being a newbie so I SO understand how it is --  LOL.

Actually no, there isn't a second shirt on my blend file at all. I just did a quick shirt just now from scratch just to test and the result is the same I get double meshes when uploading and yes if I upload both shirts get uploaded inworld. 

As you can see the object "cylinder" is my shirt and there is only one on the scene. When I export the dae I also select where it says "Selection only" anyway. 

Screenshot - 10222013 - 01:12:48 AM.png

And the uploader window shows this.

Screenshot - 10222013 - 01:10:55 AM.png

When you open the export panel, then you get a rather big area with option settings in the left lower corner of the window. Depending on your screen size the lower left corner of the window might be hidden, posibly you need to scroll down.

On top of the export panel you see the preset selector. From there you must select "Second Life rigged" or "Second Life static" depending on whether your exported meshes are rigged or not. Actually you always can select the rigged option even forstatic meshes, that doesn't matter.

Here is the blender wiki document  for more info:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Data_System/Files/Import/COLLADA

• Like 1

No that I've got my double mesh problem solved thanks to Gaia :matte-motes-big-grin: I need to now figure out how to solve this tummy crushing problem. The mesh in question is for a child avatar, so when modeling and rigging the mesh in blender it is done with a custom avatar shape that was exported from SL. When I upload the mesh to SL the mesh crushes in the tummy area like in the pic below. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

P.S.. Not sure if I should have started a new thread. 

884429_1428763244003574_2140335381_o.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.