Mesh glitch- please help!

Darcia Wildmist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I'm not a creator or making anything with mesh, I'm just trying to wear an avatar and it keeps messing up.  I would really appreciate any help.  I'm on Mac 10.6.8 on Firestorm viewer.

I recently got a pack of some mesh avatars, and whenever I try to attach the body, this happens:

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

It's constantly flickering and moving really fast.  I've tried messing with my graphics settings but nothing seems to work.  I can wear other mesh avatars just fine with no problems, it's only these new ones that are giving me this issue.  Sometimes this happens with someone else's avatar on my screen, too.  I really love these avatars and I want to wear them, can anyone help me out?

hi

You may find an answer here:  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Mesh-problem-on-Firestorm-viewer/td-p/2784806

Darcia Wildmist wrote:

I can wear other mesh avatars just fine with no problems, it's only these new ones that are giving me this issue.  Sometimes this happens with someone else's avatar on my screen, too. 

There are two types of rigged mesh for SL, the original version that is rigged to the SL Avatars standard bones and the newer Fitted mesh which is rigged to the Avatars collision bones.

I believe what you are seeing only happens with Fitted mesh.

This is likely a graphics issue, not an issue with the avatars. I would play around more with your graphics settings, namely turning everything off that adds more graphics complexity. I would also try to use other viewers that might have different graphics codes. Of course, you should check to see that your graphics card drivers are up to date. You might also want to ask if others see the same thing. I don't think they will, cause it really does look like a graphics issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.