Mesh enablement tutorial

Charlar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why should LL do this? They profit by illegal imports by land fees, upload fees, Marketplace fees...

It´s the same as ever: "Do not upload illegal content. But if you do, we won´t mind until someone files a DMCA. Until then, who cares? We´re only in it for the money, aren´t we?".

The problem for LL will be that Blizzard, EA , Bungie and tons of other 3D artists and studios are in it for the money as well, and guess whom they´ll sue for the money if the SL IP thief is located somewhere where the DMCA is teethless?

:matte-motes-evil:

If LL does not cut down on substantial stealing from a third-party source in the age of mesh, a court could issue an injunction that would shut down all of SL, so they are definitely casting about for answers. The real problem is that will eight gazillion mesh out there in the world available for Collada import, how will anyone spot the stolen merchandise?

And I must say, I've filed my share of DMCAs with LL, and they have always yanked the offending merchandise within twenty-four hours. I'm 100% satisfied with their response to my DMCAs. Of course, I am still waiting for the online DMCA-filing system that was promised eighteen months ago, because filing them is a *#&$*@ pain in the fundament.

They also serve who only sit and wait.

I would like to see something about models from games. I saw World Of Warcraft, Mass Effect and some other models on the beta grid.

"Michelle was sent a Blender file from her friend. She recognises the model from a popular video game. Her friend tells her it is ok to upload so long as they don't sell it."

Rusalka -"And I must say, I've filed my share of DMCAs with LL, and they have always yanked the offending merchandise within twenty-four hours. I'm 100% satisfied with their response to my DMCAs. Of course, I am still waiting for the online DMCA-filing system that was promised eighteen months ago, because filing them is a *#&$*@ pain in the fundament."

That must be nice, recently I had a user buy one of my sculpt kits repost it up on market place, using my company logos the original vendor pictures and everything. When I filed my DMCA linden labs rejected it claiming I hadn't sent enough info to verify ownership.

Which was irritating, as I provided transaction logs where resident had purchased the item from me, then screenshots of the build process, my state LLC registration, raw files, my drivers license, proof of ownership of company, etc etc etc... tons of materials.

It took over half a month before LL accepted my dmca, by then the person ran the value of my product into the ground, and I have been forced to give the product away as a freebie, as everyone bought it for a lower price.

• 1 month later...

Hi.  I took the tutorial, got 10/10, but it doesn't show that in my account.  It's been I think about a week and a half, but I'm unsure when I took the test.  I tried again today.  When I got to the tutorial, it said I had 10/10 on that part of the site... but in my account it says I never took it.  I also cannot upload yet.

My payment info is fine, I'm also adult verified... just the tutorial results are off. 

If a Linden sees this, could you please help me, since I really need this avatar to be the one to upload my meshes to SL.  Tyvm :)

This isn't a dupicate post. I was able to complete the tutorial and clear my main avatar, Adaarye Shikami with no issues. I can't get the tutorial to clear for this avatar, Adaarye (Resident) after several tries with all correct answers. I got the payment info part taken care of no problem .. well no problem after I purchased some Linden, lol. I'd appreciate help getting Adaarye (Resident) cleared as I would like to use this avatar to upload and manage my mesh files.

Hello again...I am waiting for 3 days now with Enshe resident.Then i have tried with defne larnia it turned green right away,however i would like to use enshe resident for mesh uploads since i dont use defne larnia anymore.i have the same paypal info with both avatars thanks...

Its been over a week or more when i finished Mesh IP Tutorial.i scored 10/10 but when i go to mesh status it says "You must first complete the Mesh IP Tutorial before you can upload mesh objects. " Even if i click "Go to the Mesh IP Tutorial" and go to "Let's get started!" i takes me to 10th question where i can see my score.but when i go back to mesh status it starts all over again.Im age verified,payment info is enabled and i cant upload mesh.I tried for support ticket but there is no questions related to mesh?how to fix?

Thank u

Both payment option and tutorial are still pink colour. ! and a half week now im waiting with patient....Please i need a fix .I can see billing info and i can buy linden if i want to,but it doesnt show on mesh status.And with the tutorial i went through one more time it says congurations but when i click on mesh status still pink as well.Thanks for trying help me.But i guess my account bugged :((

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.