Mesh causing clothing and body parts to "disappear"

Fran Restless

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there.

For about the past week or more I've been encountering some really frustrating problems with my avatar and its clothing options.

I am new to using mesh so please excuse me if I've not the correct terminology here.

I have one outfit in which the suit jacket is mesh.  I've found of late that if I remove the jacket then the non-mesh avatar form and clothing is "invisible" underneath it.  This is a new problem as I certainly didn't have it happen previously with this outfit.  The only way I've found to resolve this is to log out and log back in.

I recently purchased a mesh skin and have found that its lower torso simply remains invisible no matter what.  Logging has no effect.

Starting on Sunday afternoon, the 15th, I've now found that my eyes have disappeared.  That is, they are no longer visible.  When I remove the Head Alpha they return by the shape and contours of my face are distorted.  Adding the Alpha back on smooths the face but the eyes disappear.

I have also noticed that the Alphas for my shoes have decided to detach themselves between sessions.  They were on and working fine during the last session I was logged on.  After logging out and returning some hours later, the Alpha is detached.

This is... frustrating to say the least.  So, I'd appreciate what help you folks could give.

Thanks,

Fran Restless

This sounds like an issue with meshmaxconcurrency or perhaps wearing too many high polygon items. Or both.

Check to make sure you have values on these settings, like or lower than what I have listed

HTTP Textures on
TextureFetchConcurrency 16
MeshMaxConcurrentRequests 8
mesh2MaxConcurrentRequests 8

And then is on a Mac:

RenderTextureMemoryMultiple 1.0
- and no other value.

These are in the Debug settings found under advanced.

These need to be low, because if too high - your bandwidth chokes trying to grab too many things at the exact same time, and ends up dropping some of them. Imagine if you had two hands that could pick up rocks super fast... you could pick up 1000 rocks a second. But only 2 at a time. And you just tossed them 3 rocks. Even though they are fast, you've still only got 2 of them hands, and so one rock drops. That's how bandwidth settings work. Speakng of which, in your preferences - setup tab, make sure your bandwidth setting is not too high (and what is too high? Basically something to keep lowering until your SL stops dropping rocks, but not so low you can't pick any up at all - between 500 to 1800 I think is where most people find good results, but this is not my area of expertise).

If these line up, then look at yourself in wireframe mode:

Mac: Command-Shift-R

PC: Control-Shift-R

- if anything has so many lines it looks nearly solid... that is your problem.

If not... then we'll need more information.

• 6 years later...

I am having same issue with this signature alice mesh skin, My eyes/face goes away once i try to apply clothing. I even bought the outfits from the signature store, then replacing the head/face back on with makeup, it stays blurry in the face and have to reapply the head and fix it. How do I apply other clothing other then the clothes from the store itself? I have watched video's before I had purchased the mesh skin to learn. still having issues. Thank you

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.