Mesh - Avatar interferences

Morris Venenbaum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Skeleton movements do not show any interferences between mesh and avatar..

After upload to SL the mesh does interfer with the avatar.

Note that the mesh has a semi-transparent top (so no alpha layer can be used to avoid the interference) and that the problem occurs mainly in the shoulder areas (top,front, rear).

I have the impression that the avatar model in blender has a much better resolution than the one in SL. If that is true, how am I gonna fix the problem?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Unfortunately the transfer to SL from a modeling program is not as simple and straight forward as many seem to imagine. There are scale issues most know nothing about. http://blog.nalates.net/2013/04/23/second-life-shape-export/

I suggest watching Gaia Clary's video tutorials on YouTube. The Machinamatrix web site has additionla information.

A number of factors have to be compensated for to get things working sort of the way you want things to work. The modeling programs (Blender, 3D Max, etc.) handle the avatar differently than the SL viewer does. Reproducing the movement in a modeling program that you will see in SL is just not possible. The best one can hope for is to get close.

Thank you for  the information so far.

I wasnt aware there are scaling issues. Are they related to the items uploaded only, or do the avatar models from blender to second life differ too?

Has anybody experience with (semi-)transparent clothes in the shoulder area and can guide me in blender weight paints?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.