[Maya] Mesh clothing Problem -> Mesh all bunched up

Morti Bellic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me here.

(Link) How thing should be...

(Link) How things are

When uploading mesh clothing to sl I'm hitting a few difficluties.

The upload works fine but when I wear the clothing my avatar always dissapears.

So while I was playing about I found the "show skin weight" option in the prieview window and it shows my mesh as all bunched up. I'm guessing that I'm doing something wrong in maya when binding my clothing to the SL skeleton... But what? I've looked through the forum but havn't found any threads with exactly this problem.

I hope someone can show me the error in my ways ^^

Hi!

Thanks for the answers. I've checked the two suggestions but everything seems fine.

So. After a lot of testing I have found out that my avatar is not dissappearing but being slatted across the whole sim. Just exporting a mesh ball rigged to the skeletons head will result in a huuuuuuuge splat.

In the SL upload prieview (with skin weight options on) the ball shows up fine. In game it tuns into a five mile long and very flat splat.... Still I can at least see it ^^

Has anyone else experienced this?

Oh and by the way I'm using Maya 2010 and OpenCollada 1.3 to export

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem here. I've tried importing a custom avatar mesh, and the mesh "explodes" when you show weighting. I tried exporting with Maya's native DAE_FBX exporter and the Open Collada one with the same results. I tried overwriting my existing MAya FBX plugin with the one linked above, and I get the same issue. All transforms on the mesh are frozen, the scene scale is set to the default values, etc. The weighting is perfectly fine in maya, I checked the component editor and all vertecies are weighted to 100%. It seems to animate fine in SL when worn, just all of the vertecies are exploded. I'm using Maya 2011 64bit

Here's what it looks like without weights: http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x383/GPIST2011/Right.jpg

Here's what it looks like with weights: http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x383/GPIST2011/wrong.jpg

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.