Marvelous Designer No Longer Offers Basic Version :(

Cathy Foil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just got a message back from the Marvelous Designer Team that they will no longer be offering the Basic version of Marvelous Designer only the Advanced is available.

This rather upsets me since I put a lot of time in testing Marvelous Designer 4 both in the closed beta testing and the open beta testing and gave them plenty of feedback.  I had planned on buying a perpetual license for the Basic version for $400 USD.

Now I either have to pay $60 a month or $360 a year or cough up $550 USD for a perpetual license. :(

I had been paying $40 each month for Marvelous Designer 3 Basic version. 

I am not a happy camper nor does this leave me with good feelings towards the owners of Marvelous Designer. 

That's too bad Cathy. I've had to rig quite a bit of clothing from the program. I never used it myself tho. Blender added something similar to their tool set, not as built out yet, but you can basically do the same thing. I've played with it a little. Heck, with a little python coding, I bet someone could replicate some of the best features in MD, or make something better, just cause you have all the other tools in Blender too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.