Long Live Mesh Beta Grid?

Loki Eliot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have not heard the Lindens comment on how long the Beta Mesh part of the ADITI Preview Grid will be around. However, the Preview Grid has been around for as long as I've been in SL (3 yrs). I doubt it will go away.

I've used the Preview Grid for testing clothes and sculpties. I expect the entire ADITI grid will get the Mesh Code and be able to support Mesh. It makes sense for a testing grid.

I doubt all the Mesh specific regions will remain. That requires several servers and regions. I would expect the number to be reduced, if not not completely removed. But, since the mesh capable code will become the basic SIM code all the regions in ADITI will become mesh capable. So, we will have a place to test mesh before making a paid upload.

Also, expect Third Party Viewers to provide some form of free mesh testing. They do that now for sculpties and textures.

Some weeks ago there was a response from one of the Lindens, who said that they had "currently no plans to remove the mesh beta regions". I am not sure if Mesh City will remain available for us to place permanent content there.

However it might be a nice incentive for the Beta testers to get a "Mesh City region" on the Main grid. Well, i doubt that this will happen...But who knows ;-)

• Lindens

the mesh-enabled code will eventually reach all beta grid regions, at which point you will be able to test your uploads from any region on aditi. So you will always be able to use the beta grid to test your object uploads!

As to whether the current meshy regions themselves will stick around, that's harder to say, but I don't believe we currently have plans to remove them. That may change in the future, but not before the rest of the beta grid regions support mesh.

-Nyx

i dont spend enough time on beta grids to know, but will i still have all the test money LL gave to use on the beta grid. My interest being that with mesh costing a lot more than other uploads, its good to test wether it all works before spending money uploading on the main grid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.